Hello world

April

Mar 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd better say hello.

I've had a few Seats before including a Ovni Yellow Leon MK1 110TDi which lasted 225000 miles, and an Ibiza MK3 130TDi Sport which was also yellow! A few months ago I bought a Leon MK1 1.8T Cupra in Mandrina orange metallic with full leather but it needs a few issues sorting, but hopefully they're nothing I can't manage as I'm no stranger to a spanner.

I see this forum has a wealth of information so I'm sure it will be useful. In fact it already has been on a number of occasions.

April

Reactions: Jay5959 and Syphon

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay. Sorry to hear you’ve had multiple yellow seats I feel your pain. I seem to be collecting them on my driveway a 1.8t and a 2.0tfsi
buy a yellow seat they said...
8E5CCB26-A5DB-409B-AC37-2E316D3C766F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jay5959 and Syphon

April

Mar 21, 2021
Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me with the yellow ones! I was looking for a yellow MK1 Cupra but they all seemed to have cloudy and peeling lacquer. However when the rare Mandarina orange (copper) one appeared in great mechanical condition and low mileage I couldn't resist. I do still have another yellow car though, but please don't hold it against me if I admit it's not a Seat.

Do you ever find that people insist on overtaking you in a yellow car on the motorway only to slow down afterwards? It only ever happens to me in a yellow car and no other colour!

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me with the yellow ones! I was looking for a yellow MK1 Cupra but they all seemed to have cloudy and peeling lacquer. However when the rare Mandarina orange (copper) one appeared in great mechanical condition and low mileage I couldn't resist. I do still have another yellow car though, but please don't hold it against me if I admit it's not a Seat.

Do you ever find that people insist on overtaking you in a yellow car on the motorway only to slow down afterwards? It only ever happens to me in a yellow car and no other colour!
Yea definitely the worst thing about driving a yellow car is the constant people trying to race you in slower cars and tailgating you and cutting you up on motorways. Doesn’t happen to me in my white focus. What’s your other yellow car? Please tell me it’s not the same as this.
29B20709-B21F-4583-A6C1-07CA6505B31F.jpeg

April

Mar 21, 2021
I'm glad the yellow car thing is not just me, but it's annoying isn't it.

As for my other yellow one, no is definitely not one of those, it's one of these:
WetDonington.jpg

In fact that's me driving it round Donington. What can I say, I'm a girl racer hehe.

Whilst I'm at it, here's a photo of my Cupra:
13773488.jpg

Reactions: Jay5959

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Ok you win your yellow car is much nicer then my little fiat... Leon looks wicked in that colour very nice. Glad I’m not the only one who takes yellow cars on track. I bet the lotus is awesome round the bends.
625F1166-64D3-44F3-B0FD-3766E74B4B7B.jpeg

April

Mar 21, 2021
Thank you, and yes the Lotus is such a joy the on track. How's the Ibiza on track?

I'm glad it's not just me who does trackdays. You can fully appreciate a car's capabilities on the road, and they're much safer than on the road too.

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Welcome! 225k miles, nice one on keeping it going for that long! Sounds like you’ll have plenty of advice and info to share with the forums 👍

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thank you, and yes the Lotus is such a joy the on track. How's the Ibiza on track?

I'm glad it's not just me who does trackdays. You can fully appreciate a car's capabilities on the road, and they're much safer than on the road too.
The Ibiza is good on track I’ve done alot to it over the years to make as like it is. There is still a lot to come with that one once ive finished my Leon cupra. I was hooked after my first track day it turned into a obsession let’s say but it’s my hobby and I enjoy it so I’m not harming anyone. I’m hoping to get the Leon out this year for its first track session which I can’t wait for as it’s a car that I’ve put together during covid but turned into another money pit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise