Hello you beautiful people!

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Yes it's the 300 bhp with 4 wheel drive
Sorry for any confusion. I meant basic compared to the R or abt versions. It's a bit basic compared to what I've had before (385 bhp c43 estate) but I only drove 2k miles in a year (not pandemic related) and £40k was a lot of cash to have spent to see it sat doing nothing. Downsized to a 4 month old a4 estate but missed the fun so I've got my fun back and money is still back in my savings.
I had an s3 before the c43 but it attracted too many boy racers. They don't bother me in this up to now. I do miss the sound of the v6 c43 but it's a great car for the money

Reactions: jcbmally

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Don’t consider, Do it. Best decision you will ever make bar none

My Cupra 300 gives me 28-38mog depending on how heavy my foot is . Best car ive owned up to press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, thanks! My mk2 is modified so looking for something less thirsty, and bang for buck, there is nothing like the Leons. How's the ride? I'm expecting it to be fairly firm, but is it a big step up from the mk2? I'm guessing it's a lot quieter in the cabin too?

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Yes it's the 300 bhp with 4 wheel drive
Sorry for any confusion. I meant basic compared to the R or abt versions. It's a bit basic compared to what I've had before (385 bhp c43 estate) but I only drove 2k miles in a year (not pandemic related) and £40k was a lot of cash to have spent to see it sat doing nothing. Downsized to a 4 month old a4 estate but missed the fun so I've got my fun back and money is still back in my savings.
I had an s3 before the c43 but it attracted too many boy racers. They don't bother me in this up to now. I do miss the sound of the v6 c43 but it's a great car for the money
Ah interesting! Yeah that's a lot of car to be doing that amount of miles a year. I like the Audi's and the VW's but I prefer the underdog, to go different and against the grain. I guess that's why we're all here.

With the amount of miles i do annually, average around 5k I thought I could get away with a V8, but then I'll be at the petrol pump more often than not so it's back to the real world and SEAT seem to beat everything. Skoda are surprisingly expensive, VW are high milers in my price range and not enough kit. Audi are the same.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Haha, thanks! My mk2 is modified so looking for something less thirsty, and bang for buck, there is nothing like the Leons. How's the ride? I'm expecting it to be fairly firm, but is it a big step up from the mk2? I'm guessing it's a lot quieter in the cabin too?

I have everything set up in Cupra mode so the suspension can be hard if you hit a pot hole. Its something you can live with and im that used to it bow and im hoping my new Formentor VZ2 is going to be as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbmally and Sarah

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Hi Maypack, have you switched off the sound actuator thingy in the cabin?

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
The actuator sound seems a lot louder than the s3 i had. Perhaps the S3 one was turned down, it only had 200 miles on though so i doubt it was messed with. This one growls as soon as i press the button. I don't have the machine to turn it off though. It would be easier to hear if the exhaust is making any nice noises without it. I'm sure i heard something a day or two ago when i last drove it (y)

Reactions: jcbmally
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.