help!! ah the dreaded water pool

cupratdi53

leon cupra tdi 150+

right yes i know this is a popular topic but mines alittle different,

iv got a pool forming in the front pass foot well and checked the doors dry as they can be with no tell tell signs

there is drips coming on to the carpet on the front right section of the foot well near the consol, and be for i get comments iv checked adn checked the polen filter and its not there

please help what other places to look??

its driving me made

ta oli ( aka cupratdi53 )

Last edited by a moderator:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Aireconditioning?

Air Filter cover?

What hes trying to say is check the pollen filter cover seal is round the outside of the housing and not folded/crumpled inside it, as the water will just pour in the footwell on the passenger side

You can check it with a torch. Open the bonnet and shine it through the scuttle panel where the flter is and you should see how the seal is seated.

cupratdi53

removed the cover fort he pollen filter and put it all back straigh and the front plastic pollen filter bit, adn its stopped it for a few days and now its back , ill look in to it agin later with the tourch as you say. but its very annoying issue

thanks godber225r

ta oli (aka cupratdi150)

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
it is fiddely to get the pollen filter cover back on right, i pull the scuttle panel up on the corner and push the cover in and pull it round the outside of the housing.

cupratdi53

had a quick look, there isnt a possiblity of the water coming in though a rubber seal gromit on the wall membrain between the engine bay and tthe interior?

cupratdi53

right just an update, so far no luck locating the source of the water getting in to the pass foot well, its still getting in and iv must of checked the pollen filter a dozen times and its not from there so after some further inspection and feeling around the water is now coming in from the centre concol area of the pass foot well, is possible after readign lots and lots of other threads about leaking bulk head seal?

is there any one in the exeter/ taunton area that would like to earn a few beers to help me on this matter as unsure on where to be looking , bits of dash to remove adn then go mental with sealent ???

any help would be very very greatly recived as this is starting to really annoy me

cupratdi53

for my peace of mind, are you definately sure its not the door? the car isnt parked on a hill / slope meaning water couldbe coming fromthe door / kick panel area and then running to corner of footwell?

no its coming in from the far right side of the pass foot well, at the corner, you can see it drip in and feel the water on the foam cover bit, but its moved fromthe fron to the side (concol side) now afer playing withthe bits of plastic so def not the door , which i have checked

cupratdi53

right guna use a dry big place this evening to remove most of the internal dash around the lower part of the pass foot well any thing tricky to remove, had prev exp on this before when changing my heater matrix on a golf mk2

Last edited by a moderator:

cupratdi53

its pretty easy, just un clip the left hand side plate next to the door and remove all the screws just may need an extra pair of hands to help when it drops down because of the wiring for the multi cd changer and glove box light and air bag switch, but other than that nice ease job in a slightly cramped area but can be done,

nick9one1

Feb 14, 2010
Grimsby
doesnt sound too much like the horror story I've read on other posts!
Though I have heard that if you have aircon you need to take it to a garage for them to drain and remove it as you cant get the heater matrix out with the aircon plumbing/rad in the way?