HELP - Bluetooth Phonebook

sigman

Can anyone help ?
I'm having problems getting my phonebook to sync from my phone onto the bluetooth system in the car. The manual says that when you link up your phone for the first time, it will automatically download the phonebook entries from your phone, but it isn't doing it, although I'm not having a problem linking my phone up, it all works fine just no phonebook download.
It can't be an incompatible phone because I've tried 2 phones and it doesn't download from either.

Has anyone managed to do this, or know a way of doing it ?

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
As far as i no u cant download ur phonebook onto the car u have to add them yourself one by one.

I dont have the bluetooth kit but thats wot ive read on here, if u have a quick search you should be able to find a thread or 2 about it

sigman

Yeh I've had a nosy, someone else seems to have same problem.

Inputted a few manually but when you say 'Store' it thinks your saying 'star' haha, has anyone else found that or is it just my northern accent? You end up with a stored number with loads of stars after it ha - stupid thing !!

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Ha ha had this trouble to with saying store. In the end my mate done it must be better accent he has, well if you can get your heads around this one you say it slow and put abit more rrrr into it. Storrrrra!!:rolleyes::whistle:

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
if you mean it wont display names when people call you, mine ersolved itself after a while. maybe it took a few days of driving for it to actually download the whole phonebook?

Still get the odd number that doesnt show the name (but maybe 1 out of 25 calls).

sigman

Thanks guys, think i'm just gonna input them all manually. Have tried two phones and neither work.

Thanks for posting compatibility lists, very helpful.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.