Help me please!!

Guys,

Tuesday night leaving work.....got on to the motorway and.......sudden heavy misefire....

Got it to my mates and we checked the plugs and leads, thought feck it, I'll stick new ones in....

Stuck to the rulle....take one out and replace it....move to the next toensure no feck ups and get the leads mixed....

Next step ensure all the leads are snug......then start it...

Tried to start it and splutter...non start....

tried a fee times trying not to flood it but no joy...

Called the AA, they can out (Contractor) and he said leads.....told him just done and so were plugs....he started it and it was running on three cyclinders, then it died...anyways got it recovered back to my house...

Now I've tried the old stuff back on just to make sure and got the same splutter non start...

The plugs, the leads, the ignition coil, the rotor arm and the dizzy cap are all brand new....

Has any one got any Ideas what this could be.....I'm really stuck.... :confused:

I miss the car and need it for work but I'mn clueless to whats wrong....any help appreciated...

Have i done something silly?? School boy errors??

Cheers guys :)

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Had a very similiar problem the other week. Changed all my leads after it was running on 3 cyclinders, only for it to do it again a week later. Was moisture in the dizzy cap. Replaced it with a new one, then sprayed everywhere with duck oil, and not had the problem since.

Cryptedvibe

Apr 26, 2005
The amplifier sits underneath the coil, power goes from the battery to the amplifier, then to the coil, then to the dizzy, not sure about the ibiza, but the golf had one, probably the ibiza has too, it's a flat piece of metel with a vw plug on it, thats what went on my old golf. Can come as part of the coil, sometimes doesn't depending on how much you pay. mine cost £90 +VAT for one for a 1600 golf

Lukea6 said:
Mine did the same. Was fuel pump relay. Seems to be happening on a few recently.

ECP for the fuel pump relay?

I think the fuel is getting delivered, it just seems as though its not getting a spark.....ignition coils only a few months old if that....from ECP.....should i try for an exchange?

Cheers guys

Lukea6

Need help!
No idea, took it to a garage! I saw him do some checks and all was sparking. An auto electritian also sprayed some gas is and then tried to start it and the engine turned over.

IIRC the fuel pump relay (or part controlling it??) cost about £20

Cool...

knew it wasn't an expensive part...

Just trying the good old trial and error method at the moment....ECP are getting a replacement ignition coil as the one i got about a month or so ago may be 'fooked'.

after that.....fuel pump relay, but i'm sure its not sparking.......hopefully the coil!!!

Weeeeheee!!!

Its alive!!!

Took it to bits last night.....rocker off etc and re built it.....fired up!!!

Run a bit lumpy for a moment, gave it a bit of throttle to clear it out and.......back to normality....

Don't ask me what was wrong with it as we hadn't a clue....

New job in the new year, so I can now concentrate of getting the dings and full spray....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.