**help Needed**

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
i did a vag-com reading this morning and it came out with 9 faults :cry: if i explain a bit about the car and then hopefully i can get an idea on whats wrong. the car has at the moment, a red flashing oil light which only came on after i did a engine flush and a oil/filter change using castrol 5w/40 fully synthetic oil, the reason i did the engine flush was due to loud tappets noise. secondly the "excess of pollution" light is on, i changed the coil plugs just before xmas? and thirdly the car has been sluggish starting, it ticks over a few times then starts, when before it would start straight away, after i did the vag-com reading i clicked on clear faluts or something like that and now the car wont start? my last question is when using vag-com can i change stuff like unlocking the doors, mine only unlocks the drivers side, no matter how many times i press unlock or resetting the ecu? atm i'm using the shareware version untill i buy the full version off ross tech.
here goes:
16487 - mass air flow sensor - signal too high
16717 - knock sensor 2 circ high input
16684 - random/multiple cylinder misfire
16688 - cylinder 4 misfire
16395 - camshaft pos. actuator circ. bank 2 malfunction
16705 - ign/distributor eng. speed inp circ range/performance
16706 - engine speed sensor
16622 - turbocharger boost sensor (a) circ high input
17863 - exhaust gas temp sensor

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
oh right, its the shareware version and it comes up with please register/activate, i cant afford the key untill payday at the end of the month. i justed wanted a heads up before i take the car in.
heres a screenshot of what came up. i pasted 2 images together thats why there is 2 "close"

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
Most of those codes are "Intermittent", meaning the fault condition that set the code did not exist at the time you performed the scan.

Do this:

* Select -> 01-Engine -> Fault Codes -> Clear Codes.
* Exit the Engine.
* Turn off the ignition for a bit.
* Try to start the engine.
* Select -> 01-Engine -> Fault Codes - Copy Codes, and post the codes you have then.

That way, any spurious codes will be gone, and we might have a chance to see if there's one that's preventing your engine from starting. Be aware however that there are many things which can prevent an engine from starting which the self-diagnostics in the ECU cannot pick up on.

-Uwe-

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
ok dine that, it almost started then it din't, now it just ticks over, anyway thanks for your help and here is what the fault came up with.

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 1ML 906 032 A
Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4/5VT 0001
Software Coding: 10510
Work Shop Code: WSC 13113
Additional Info: VSSZZZ1MZ4R028252 SEZ7Z0C2183040
1 Fault Found:
16705 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal
P0321 - 35-00 - -

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
The signal from the G28 sensor is the most important input to the ECU. Without it, the engine cannot start or run. I would look carefully at that sensor and the wiring between it an the ECU.

-Uwe-

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.