Help please, ASAP!

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
Sorry but i didin't know what to search for on this.
I washed my LCR 225 today and thought i would give under the bonnet a quick clean so covered the induction kit up in a bag and gave it a quick clean. so then i ran the engine to dry it all off only i forgot to take the bag off the induction kit!, i only let it run for 10 secs if that but it sucked the induction kit flat and stalled the car.
The problem is i can hear a ticking noise now, i think there is a lifter slightly ticking but don't know if i'm being paranoid! It might of always been there for all i know, only i've just noticed it now???

The main problem is, between the washer bottle and the header tank there is a black bottle with 2 ports going into the top of it. If i put my fingers on either of the two ports i can feel them clicking on my fingers (i can also here them clicking) What are they? and why are they clicking? Have i done any real damage with what i have done? Someone help me out please, wrong time of year for things to go wrong!

Cheers for any help, Ben.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Carbon Canister, its a fuel purge, its completely normal, dont worry about it, it'll come and go at tick over, and sound like a tappy cam follower,

its been asked quite a few times,

mishy

as steely said, completely normal, you've prolly only noticed it cos the bonnet is open and your worrying :)

The ecu may have seen less air flow and adjusted slightly for it, but it should readjust back fairly quickly.

were the results worth it? cleaner engine bay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
yup it'll tick , mine has since i bought it, it'll be noticable at idle, it'll clear then come back when you blip the throttle

i very much doubt you'll have done any harm, dont worry about it,

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
yup it'll tick , mine has since i bought it, it'll be noticable at idle, it'll clear then come back when you blip the throttle

i very much doubt you'll have done any harm, dont worry about it,

Yeah ticks when i start the car, or on idle. Why though? What does it do?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.