Help Please, Rear View Camera Position FR ST MY2016?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, I'm needing a bit of info from owners with factory fitted RVC pre-facelift cars please.
I've owned my car since new December 2015 and had a rear end shunt in January 2019 which entailed having a new rear bumper and tailgate but I'm wondering if the RVC is in the correct position? I've attached pics which show the camera position to be approximately in line with the vertical bar of the letter 'E' in LEON, but looking at the positioning template in the workshop manuals I think it should be central between the number plate lamps.
Could anyone with the same car (should also be the same on 3/5 door cars) confirm the position please? 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I was sure it should be in the middle, but a quick google suggests it’s actually in the correct place. That being said most of the photos I found of it are retrofitted.

I know @paddy6789 has it in the middle, but his is a hatch.

I maybe stating the obvious, but if it should be in the middle, then moving it is going to require a new bumper otherwise you’re going to have a hole.

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I was sure it should be in the middle, but a quick google suggests it’s actually in the correct place. That being said most of the photos I found of it are retrofitted.

I know @paddy6789 has it in the middle, but his is a hatch.

I maybe stating the obvious, but if it should be in the middle, then moving it is going to require a new bumper otherwise you’re going to have a hole.
Thanks for the reply Mr H, I must admit that I thought it must be correct as it's been like that since new, just needed a bit of reassurance.:)

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
It’s in the correct place for an ST - off centre, broadly inline with the left hand edge of the Seat ‘S’ Badge.

Should have read the post - mine is FL model, but assume that it’s the same.

Attachments

• 37BC56CD-55DE-4CDB-B1E8-079ABEE1ACD4.jpeg
    37BC56CD-55DE-4CDB-B1E8-079ABEE1ACD4.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: Walone
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise