Help please.. timing chain rattle!

alyp123

Jul 5, 2021
Hello,

I’m wondering if anybody has had a similar situation before or any ideas. Will try to post a video tomorrow to show the noise I mean.
I have a Leon 2.0 TSI, CCZB engine code about 73k miles. First it started rattling a little on first starts, after a short time my partner was driving and it started jerking/ kangarooing losing power and CEL/ EML lights on. Got it recovered and it’s been sat for a few months ever since. I’ve just finally got round to working on it and replaced the timing chain, tensioner, guides etc etc all from TPS. Inspected cam bridge screen all fine blah blah. After fitting the timing chain it started up fine no rattles no warning lights nothing. After a short while it started rattling. It only rattles say between 2.5-3.5k RPM. If I unplug the magnetic switch for VVT solenoid in the upper timing chain cover, it runs fine no rattles. So I fitted a new VVT solenoid thinking it was not functioning properly, no joy same thing. It had a new camshaft position sensor fitted not long ago, and the only code is P0341, CMP sensor intermittent. But with no engine management light on. Anybody have any ideas?

alyp123

Jul 5, 2021
Update on this issue… the rattle was from low oil pressure which was from a slight leak on the timing chain cover. After replacing this the rattle went away and was running great, however still had the EPC light every now and then with a slight jerk just one time… random. Also still had the same dtc code for P0341 CMP sensor intermittent. The cam bridge was inspected and fully intact and fine when replacing the timing chain, but I replaced the bridge anyway and it turned out to be the bridge was faulty even though it was visually as it should be.