Help with basic servicing!

funkymunkyuk

HI All,

I basically want to start to learn to do my own servicing. I can change the oil, oil filter, air panel at the back right of the engine compartment.

How can I find the fuel filter? Is this easy to change? Also are there any more filters etc that need doing?

Any advice is very much appreciated. ps I have a 04 TDI cupra 150.

Cheers,
Nick

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
HI All,

I basically want to start to learn to do my own servicing. I can change the oil, oil filter, air panel at the back right of the engine compartment.

How can I find the fuel filter? Is this easy to change? Also are there any more filters etc that need doing?

Any advice is very much appreciated. ps I have a 04 TDI cupra 150.

Cheers,
Nick

My best advice? Buy a Haynes Manual, it will show you everything you could possibly need to know, they are only about a tenner I think.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Don't know where the fuel filter is on the Leon, but on the Mk4 Ibiza it was a black canister behind the driver's side headlight.

You could try tracing the fuel pipe back from the fuel pump (which is on the right hand end of the engine as you're stood looking under the bonnet) and see where it goes. It'll probably be more educational too ! Remember there will be two pipes to the fuel pump, a supply (which goes via the filter) and a return.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
fuel filter is a doddle to change, just make sure you have some spare clips for when you reconnect the pipes. Then its just a case of loosening the clips pulling off the pipes, releasing the circlip type thing and pulling up the valve, swap out the filter unit (have a rag spare for the drips of fuel, then put the new filter in connect up the hoses (with new clips i used, re insert the valve and put on the big clip then start up, it self bleeds.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Haynes manual trick

Walk into halfrauds pick up a golf4 manual and read it!!! I think I have done this 6 or 7 times... I got a leon btw

funkymunkyuk

Cheers for that good to know mate :) Waiting on the dvd Ill let you know if its any good!

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I've labelled up this with the filter locations and a couple of other areas that might be of a general interest. This pic is quite old now as well - Not had an EGR for a few months. :D

EGRLOCATION.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise