Help with lowering?

Leeroy1

Ok, I have bought some 18s for my mk1 1.6, and am wanting to lower it too. few questions, firstly:
How much would you recommend lowering it by? so it doesn't look crap but isn't miles from the floor.

Also, what should I get to lower it? I'm choosing between a sus kit with springs, (the fixed ones at say 30mm) or just springs (same roughly) obviously with the suspension kit I get stiffer shocks and a better ride/handling but for more cash, are just springs sufficient?
thanks!!

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Around 30-50mm is a good drop depending on how you want it to look.

A full suspension kit, springs and shocks, is the best option as it'll give you a better ride quality and also better handling.

Did you have a budget in mind?

Damian @ DPM Performance

Leeroy1

Thats the thing really, the cheaper the better, I have seen sus kits for around £180 on the bay, and springs at around £100, If I was to go for the shock kit, could you recommend any in particular? new to this, cheers :)

Leeroy1

Oh awesome :) thing is Im not mechanically minded at all, do they both come ready to fit and how hard are they to fit?
cheers

Leeroy1

So its pretty much impossible to piss it up :happy:
I might order some of them later then :)

Leeroy1

and you'd recommend them over the eibach pros for similar price?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The Eibach's are better quality but I'd always say get matched dampers as well.

How many miles have your standard dampers covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
You'd most likely get away with just fitting spring then especially with the being quite a small drop. It's still better to get a full kit but you could change the dampers down the line if needed.

Damian @ DPM Performance

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise