Help with my electric windows and mirrors

desantos

Hi,

I have a Mk2 Seat Leon TDi Sport 06 plate and I can't seem to get the electric windows and mirrors to close or open whenever I hold the key fob button down. It will work (only doors) when hold the key in the appropriate position in the door lock but just can't seem to do it with the fob. What I am doing is holding either the open or close button down after pressing.

Do I need to get anything reporgrammed ??? Someone mentioned something called vag-com and to ask if anyone in the West Midlands area could do this for me ...

Thanks for any help

desantos

Yes, thanks alex, but I followed your advice by using the key fob and that does not work...

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Your car will need this activating in Vag Com/ VCDS. My 55 car was the same. Although, cars from 2006 and before, cannot fold mirrors via key fob.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You need to read this thread clicky Everything you need to know is in there.

Failing that get in contact with a local SCN member who bought the VAG COM cable and bung them some bear money.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
And if you want one of the cables that are spoke of in the thread Nath linked to, then i will sell you mine. I used it for 2 months on my Leon, but now its sold and i have a Mazda, so the cable is just sitting here.

desantos

Hi,

I'm Birmingham, do you wanna pm your tel no mate ... cheers...

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
And if you want one of the cables that are spoke of in the thread Nath linked to, then i will sell you mine. I used it for 2 months on my Leon, but now its sold and i have a Mazda, so the cable is just sitting here.

I can't beleive that you still haven't sold that cable. :blink:

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Ok, just to confirm,

Windows Up/Down with Key Fob, work with ALL years. For pre 07 cars, it will need a couple options changed in VAG COM.

Folding mirrors with Key Fob, will not work with the erly models. It is roughly 07 onwards that have this ability. VAG COM cannot change this.

I know this because for one, i had a 55 plate Sport, and it is exactly what i found, but numerous members have also found this.

And yeh, still got this cable, so if anyone is interested in it, let me know. You will get it cheaper and quicker than the original source.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.