Help With Windscreen(Autoglass = Dumb)

Robsadaddy

Autoglass CANT find my windscreen anywhere, ( 3 times in 7 weeks)
Ibiza MK2 2.0 16v GTI Cupra Sport
They keep bringing me plain glass or glass with a green tint but never one with the Blue Sun Strip
Does anyone know where i can buy one cash and ill get it fitted myself
:)
thanks in advance for the person who can help

Rob

I nearly :censored:Throttled the Autoglass Technicain. The :censored: he was :)

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
Yes, they are dumb SOB's - They replaced my front windscreen after not being able to get rid of a chip. They ordered the windscreen for a VW Caddy instead. Duh! Had to stay in the next day for them to come back.

Fitted well though in the end.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
tint top only came out for the last model chassis VR153125>>> so they were only fitted for the last 18 months/2years if that so probably why they can't find one.

try the main dealer see if it's mental £££ or not ?

mk3 different part number on screen

L17KKE

Tha Stig
Jun 9, 2009
agreed i ahd a back windscreen fitted by a local company supplied and fitted £120 autoglass quoted £360 for the same job i hung up the phone as soon as he said it.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Polo has the point for the rear view mirror in the wrong place :(, I know this as i have a black spot for the mirror at the top but my mirror is further down the screen, Looks gash.

Robsadaddy

i was given autoglass by my insurer cause im fully comp it was only costing 70 pounds, i have found a company that does the correct glass with rear view mirror in the right place with the sun strp and green tint but its costing 280 quid fitted because there not affiliated with my insurer :(

Robsadaddy

i was given autoglass by my insurer cause im fully comp it was only costing 70 pounds, i have found a company that does the correct glass with rear view mirror in the right place with the sun strp and green tint but its costing 280 quid fitted because there not affiliated with my insurer :(

but the tint is green and not blue if anyone wants the details message me:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members