Hi All!

toshvmax

Jan 6, 2024
Hi All
Looking to buy a Cupra Leon 300 Estate very soon, I've come from a BMW...fed up with huge repair bills and iffy reliability!
Any advice or issues I should look for when buying .... apart from the obvious?? A common issue with buying a BMW second hand was mileage blockers, is this a common issue on the Leon?
Thank you in advance
Rich

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi All
Looking to buy a Cupra Leon 300 Estate very soon, I've come from a BMW...fed up with huge repair bills and iffy reliability!
Any advice or issues I should look for when buying .... apart from the obvious?? A common issue with buying a BMW second hand was mileage blockers, is this a common issue on the Leon?
Thank you in advance
Rich
Welcome to SCN, loving my 300 and have no complaints except for a lack of physical buttons (air con, cupra mode etc) and no lighting on the air con slider controls, but believe that is being sorted in latest versions.

toshvmax

Jan 6, 2024
I'm considering a 2020 Leon cupra 300 estate at the moment, it's from a stealer, just to find out how many former keepers and service history

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hi Mate,
what problems have you had?
New battery, timing chain, radiator, 3 OEM shock absorbers, brake vacuum pressure sensor wiring, suspension level sensor and bracket, boot handle, vanos control gaskets and seals, and oil cap, alternator belt, camshaft position sensor, front wishbone bushes and fuel lock actuator. The car is on 108k and has full Seat service history too.

toshvmax

Jan 6, 2024
Ouch!!! Sometimes I guess it's just pot luck with cars, just got rid of my 435d bmw previously owned by my friend who is in his 60's, full history, so you would assume it would be fault free but it developed a steering fault that no one could seem to accurately diagnose so I offloaded it, I could see the money pit opening up, first thing suggested was new steering rack and at 3k, no thanks!!!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Ouch!!! Sometimes I guess it's just pot luck with cars, just got rid of my 435d bmw previously owned by my friend who is in his 60's, full history, so you would assume it would be fault free but it developed a steering fault that no one could seem to accurately diagnose so I offloaded it, I could see the money pit opening up, first thing suggested was new steering rack and at 3k, no thanks!!!

No way. That’s mad! I can see mine going down that route now too. Sometimes enoughs enough and it’s time to move on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.