Hi peeps!

frs 4004

Just to say hi to this section again. I am a new member as I have posted in the newbies bit....

I will be getting a FR this week FR07 EON does anybody know this car well?

I hope I am in the right section as its a Diesel 170 Leon 2.0

I will in time (soon I hope!) be chipping it, what bhp and torque from standard should I get? Also where is the best places and people who do this work and know there stuff?

John.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Think i've seen this car ....

It was either silver or black, with the body kit on it? (sure it was silver)

frs 4004

Its Silver mate, WAS looking forward to buying this this week but at the mo its going to be off, the Seat garage in Wolves are now saying I will be paying more for the plate aswell, but I had agreed the price and paid the deposit for the car and all items, IE the plate, now they want more, well I will be speaking to trading standards in the morning to report this, I am already paying alot for this car, so they can get stuffed or I will be going back to Fords... at least there not this bad!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
That's terrible mate, especially if they sold it to you with the plate...

If its not got the body kit then i saw one with a very similar plate, on M6 near Manchester M62 junction around December time i think.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I'm sure you wouldn't get your deposit back if you decided to lower the price you wanted to pay....

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Have you got anything in writing?
Might be worth speaking to Seat UK.

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Its Silver mate, WAS looking forward to buying this this week but at the mo its going to be off, the Seat garage in Wolves are now saying I will be paying more for the plate aswell, but I had agreed the price and paid the deposit for the car and all items, IE the plate, now they want more, well I will be speaking to trading standards in the morning to report this, I am already paying alot for this car, so they can get stuffed or I will be going back to Fords... at least there not this bad!

How much do the cheaky gits want for the plate if you don't mind me asking? As those style plates usually start from £395 on the DVLA website all in.

frs 4004

I can get my deposit back if I want, had a word with Trading Standards and yes I have got the paper work and receipt to show that plate, but the guys now keeping his plate, because he says its worth 500-1000 quid, so I will want some money knocked off the car.... Yes its Barlows, take it there not the best then?! The plate was around the 395quid so I believe....
Just another dealership that lets us all down.....

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I saw FR0 7EON (I think, surely there can't be another silver one with BTCC kit and a similar plate so close to home!!) on my way home from work tonight heading toward the A500 - Looks gorgeous, very nice buy! I'd like to see it up close some time!!

Oddly enough I also went to Barlows when I was looking.. You probably saw the yellow Ibiza I had had a deposit on!

Seriously though, you had that GTi180 that I never saw once, you get this and I see it straight away :D

Last edited:

frs 4004

At least you have seen it!!!!!! Still got the GTi180 at the mo, waiting for this bloke to take the car to the garage..... and I wont be having that plate on it either...... shame but there you go, at least I WONT be paying the price they want, cos there can f88k themselves, after being promised by the dealer.....

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Gutted that you're not getting the plate! That's a bit cheeky. Would do the same as you! Are you enjoying the car other than that so far?

frs 4004

@ Spur Mad Dave----- Thanks for that bit of info that has come in very handy indeed!!

@ Mr Dave------ Mate I have not got the car yet, wish I did will have to wait and see... its been put back till next saturday now.... hence why we still have the pug at the mo, this is being trading in as part ex for the seat. Will up date you next week.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Oh! How confusing!

Gutted for you, keep me updated, hope you get the whole thing sorted. Good luck with it all :)

little jack

Just to say hi to this section again. I am a new member as I have posted in the newbies bit....

I will be getting a FR this week FR07 EON does anybody know this car well?

I hope I am in the right section as its a Diesel 170 Leon 2.0

I will in time (soon I hope!) be chipping it, what bhp and torque from standard should I get? Also where is the best places and people who do this work and know there stuff?

John.

Hi. Iknow the Guy who had the car. I also no he has the plate FR07 EON on retention. It looked the mustard on the FR Leon. Especially when you manipulate the 7 to an L to Read FR 0 LEON

PM Me

frs 4004

Hi. Iknow the Guy who had the car. I also no he has the plate FR07 EON on retention. It looked the mustard on the FR Leon. Especially when you manipulate the 7 to an L to Read FR 0 LEON

PM Me

Sorry matey only just read this will PM you soon then as it would be interesting to find out more!!!

frs 4004

Well lost the plate now, but we are still well happy with the car!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.