Hids and Other Bulbs

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
Hi,
My hids are on the way now and just want to know what other people have done with all their other bulbs........ other than hids mine will still be standard bulbs.... with this in mind what should i change them too and does anyone know what bulbs i need?

Thanks everyone

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
yeah only dip beam.... just thought i would need to replace the other bulbs too...... like sidelights, main beam with different bulbs?

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Sidelights maybe but tbh I hardly use mains now that I don't see the point in the outlay. Nothing matches the colour i'm afraid. I have Osrams in there and they don't match at all!

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
We just fitted the hids on my car @ the weekend too.

I changed the sidelight bulbs to Philips Blue vision, slight improvement over standard sight lights. You don't really have to change anything else. I've got some pics, will post them tomorrow.

But WOW to hids, can't wait till it gets dark now haven't driven yet with them, but just looking at them they look so sharp and the clear white light is so crisp compared to the yellow standard halogen bulbs.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
dont bother with full beam, reason being that you usually only use them to flash people with the occasional cross country journey, hids take a few secs to warm up and with that flashing them for a split second doesnt do them any good, 50-100 quid a bulb isnt cheap in anyones books. Ive got dipped beam hids and wouldnt entertain full beam even though they would be a 300% increase in vision.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
Dipped beam = 12v 55w, H7
Main beam = 12 55w, H1
Fog light = 12v 55w, H3
Side light = 12v 5w, W5W
Indicators = 12v 21w, PY21W

(Courtesy of Mik a while back)

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
nice one ..... so i need the W5W then and maybe ill do the indicators too...

thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.