HID's

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Hi guys

Needing some of your wisdom once again,

Right wanting to fit some HID's, am i correct in saying 6000k ,

Also i have mk3 golf headlights in my car so what happens there do get mk3 golf HID's or are they universal or what, how would it all be wired up.

Just needing some advice :help::help::help:

Mckellar

whatever H fitment the mk3 golf is , thats the one u use to get them..
for example:
1.4 ibiza - H4
2.0 GTI ibiza - H1

plug and play, have a search. theres been loads of threads recently

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
yeh they're universal to the bulb, so for every car with H1 bulbs, the H1 kit would fit

6000k is the temperature rating (in degrees kelvin) and gives a bright light with a slightly blue tint. I cant remember which way it goes, think the hotter the light is, the bluer it is. and the lower the temperature, the whiter / yellower it can go

i may be wrong

Mckellar

8000k / 10,000k is just blue light, not white light, i dont advise those.

3.4k is pure white light iirc, i have 6000k and wouldnt have anything above those!

duncagr

im on MYDEPOTS.com rite now about to order HID kit for my 16v gti. jus want to be sure im buyin the righ one!!??

Im going for H1 bulb type, 6000k Colour Temp, Quantity 1 (which has 2 bulbs included)

Are these bulbs for Full Beam or Dip as my car has seperate bulbs for each??

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
im on MYDEPOTS.com rite now about to order HID kit for my 16v gti. jus want to be sure im buyin the righ one!!??

Im going for H1 bulb type, 6000k Colour Temp, Quantity 1 (which has 2 bulbs included)

Are these bulbs for Full Beam or Dip as my car has seperate bulbs for each??

go on ebay to diane-shop. got my 6k from there and was only £46! Like above just plug and play 1hour max. check out the leon forum loads and loads of people have got them from ebay and no probs so far!

You can check what size bulbs you need http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bulb/bulb_ap_guide.php

6K is the best temp/colour/brightness. MYDEPOTS.com are a bit more expensive than diane-shop for the same stuff.

Hope this helps buddy.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.