High mileage problems

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I ahve been looking at high mileage (90K) Leon 1.8VT. Are there any problems to be aware of when buying such a high milage car (X and W reg) cheers,

John,

owner101

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Apart from the usual ones for any car, the Seat Leon specific ones are:

1) It has the newer coilpacks. Do a search - there are a million threads on this !
2) It doesn't leak water fromthe doors into the passenger footwell anymore.

Other than that, it's a stonkin' motor :)

Neilr134

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
I think the earliest leons (w reg i think) were built in belgium, and are supposed to be of better quality than the ones pedro started building later

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
You could also call a dealer to check the history of service / warranty items to reasure yourself that it's a good un.

:cheers:

owner101

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Neilr134
I think the earliest leons (w reg i think) were built in belgium, and are supposed to be of better quality than the ones pedro started building later

No, that's Toledos, and that changed about a year ago. Leons have always come from Spain.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
are you sure?

im 99% certain that the very 1st leons built for september delivery 2000 were belgian built (ala Zboyds Imp. Blue Cupra), they moved to spain in 2001.

there was a thread on here noting that the chassis number had 2 or 3 letters in it denoting which country it was built.

:cheers:

owner101

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
In the face of your evidence, I'll believe you. I'd read about the Toledos on "another Seat website" so thought maybe this person was mistaken. :)

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for all your help guys. So the bottom line is A W reg 90,000 miler with a full Seat service history is not going to go wrong/fall apart any time soon....

matz

I know its not a Leon, but we've just bought a Toledo W reg TDI 110 with 87K on the clock. Its ex lease and has a full service print out which says that nothings gone wrong appart from service items and door locks during all that time. We paid £5500 for the car.

It drives beautifully, no rattles/ squeaks, goes like the wind, no complaints at all, you'd never know it had done the miles. Its a fantastic car.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
11th letter of the chassis number

ie the last letter before the 6 digits

B = Brussels

R = Martorell (ie barcelona , spain)

Tron

Mines a Sep2000 XReg'r 63k had it 3 weeks and not noticed single thing
apart from its a bloddy nice car :D

mystickiss

Advise required - Leon 1.8 20v T Sport 2000

I'm looking to get a Seat Leon, I've been to view a very nice Leon 1.8 20v T Sport 2000 but it has 118k mileage.

Does anyone know how these cars handle with high mileage? If there are any major problems with them around this time? If I did get it, i'd be looking to get a full service and cam belt change straight away but I'm struggling to find information on how they run at this point in their life.

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
My 03 plate has 102k and runs like new. If the engines been looked after the car will be fine. There was a thread last week about high milage Leons, do a search and have a read, i think there was one on here with over 150k!

mystickiss

High Mileage - Leon 1.8v T Sport

I had a look at a 2000 plate, leon 1.8 20c T sport that has done 118k. It's been looked after well and has a Full Service History - should I be put off by this mileage? Does anyone have experience with high mileage leons - what are they like at 150k? Thinking long term here...

mystickiss

Thanks, I did have a search but can onyl find people asking about leon's under 100k! Do you know if there is much info on how they handle at 120k or 150k if i'm looking at long term?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members