High pitched sqeak

Crazyhazy

Just started to notice a squeak under the bonnet which lasts about 5 seconds as you put your foot down, its more noticeable in the lower gears, any suggestions?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Sounds like one of your hamsters might be knackered, take it back to Seat and demand a replacement, they should be Golden Hamsters (medium) Mesocricetus auratus.

Crazyhazy

Thats the sort of answer I would have expected from somebody from Glossop! - Havent you all got the same Grandad up there?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I think your thinking of Buxton or Ashbourne. Glossop isn't too bad for the interbreeding dispite their not being many sheep around.
I don't live in Derbyshite (Glossop) anyway, I'm in Cheshire, it's just easier to put Glossop as no-one has heard of the place I live.

Anyway, this squeak? Does it sound like air?
Do a search for 'moo' (yes really) on this forum because it sounds like a common problem.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If you can find your dump valve check to see that the top is screwed on tightly, don't know what you DV looks like but this sounded like mine did when it wasn't screwed together properly.

Crazyhazy

Cheers, but to be honest its gone from sounding like a MK1 Cortina to nothing - the noise has gone completely.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.