How accurate is the 10-12 week wait?

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of how accurate the quoted 10-12 week build time is? Is production slower than usual due to the economic climate.

Thanks.

UltraViolet

I ordered my car 6th July. Got the call this week - my car is now being built and should be ready for me to collect w/c 28th September (although going to try for the Saturday 26th)

Production not slower, just not keeping same stock levels. In the past, you could order and it already be ready, now in many cases, they build to the order. If you want quicker, you can ask what they have as unregistered stock available.

bizzaboy

Can understand your urgency. Going by the Spec of the car you've ordered (in your Signature), it will be one very nice ride indeed. :)

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
The build time will proberbly quite accuarte.

From my experience it's the transport time from the factory to the dealers that can vary.

jedny

hi
i ordered my fr170 in june and am going to pick it up on wed :p and cant wait ,so timescale is about right

Chuy

I really like the combination you did. Candy White & Black Orion :)

I would also change the mirror covers later on, for the ones that come in te cupra, so you could have all in black & white ;)

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of how accurate the quoted 10-12 week build time is? Is production slower than usual due to the economic climate.

Thanks.

Cars being ordered from 15th September (build week 38) are due to be built Weeks 47/48 so 10 to 12 weeks is reasonably accurate.

Just a quick observation on the spec you've ordered, the conv pack, Bluetooth and Bi-xenons come to a reatil price of £1,160, did you know that for only an additional £405 you could get the Technology & Convenience pack instead which would also give you (over and above what you've ordered) Sat-Nav, SD card slot for MP3 playback, front park sensors and the optical park system. As i said, just an observation but to me it's almost a no-brainer and the dealer can still change your order as long as its not at factory confirmed stage.

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Cars being ordered from 15th September (build week 38) are due to be built Weeks 47/48 so 10 to 12 weeks is reasonably accurate.

Just a quick observation on the spec you've ordered, the conv pack, Bluetooth and Bi-xenons come to a reatil price of £1,160, did you know that for only an additional £405 you could get the Technology & Convenience pack instead which would also give you (over and above what you've ordered) Sat-Nav, SD card slot for MP3 playback, front park sensors and the optical park system. As i said, just an observation but to me it's almost a no-brainer and the dealer can still change your order as long as its not at factory confirmed stage.

It's a company car that's been ordered by my employer, via a company called Fleetdrive rather than with a Seat dealer directly, not sure if this means I can't change my order, but as the car was only ordered last Wednesday I'm hoping it can be altered to have the Media System!
Thanks for the pointer. Fingers crossed I'm not too late!

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Okay,

I'm waiting for confirmation about amending my order, however I've now discovered that I've ordered the individual components of the 'Tech and conv' pack rather than the pack directly.

How likely is it that we/I get charged for the individual components rather than the pack, which I think is cheaper by £370?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
So if 10-12 weeks delivery is correct next week is the latest order date to avoid the VAT increase back to 17.5% (or more) on January 1st 2010.

Anyone toying with ordering should do it IMHO and save yourself 2.5% (or more)

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I have the tech and con pack on mine and it's well worth the price, the sat nav is very good!

Does the sat nav cover europe as well as the UK?

Do you know of any websites that have detailed screen shots of the media system/sat nav etc?

Thanks.