How close is your TIP to the water pipe AUQ

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Fitted my TIP And is touching the hard water pipe and no matter what I do I can't get it to clear properly

Its a creation motorsport TIP

they told me the pop can take 200'c so won't melt but surely its shouldn't touch

No photos at the moment but the hard water pipe is touching my tip

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Yea I spoke to creation and like you said the pipe won't pass 100'c boiling point and the pipe will take 200'c so will be alright

Just a little curious about the thought of it really

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
To me it seems bad surely the research these companies do should of indicated this, and if it is touching and the pipe gets hot the silicone will get hot and increase air temp it will also get soft and risk collapse at that point

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
That's probably why people don't usually like Creations TIP's they recommend the SFS Big bore ones because these companies have designed the parts specifically as opposed to copying other manufacturers

The Creations pipes are a mixed bag as to whether you get a good one or not seems like luck of the draw on most occasions from what I've read from Google etc

jayjaycupra1.8t

Aug 30, 2013
I have an auq engine and fitted a forge tip to it. Right pain in the a*** to get it in.

mine wouldnt get in with the hard pipe in the way...had to bend it a tad to enable the tip to slide in. No issues with the tip melting or anything

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Might not melt the tip but engine vibrations may cause fretting of the tip which isn't desirable really.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.