How do I find what my tyre pressure should be?

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
The manual states to check inside full flap which I have attached I’m unsure about which number means what?

I got a loss of tyre pressure icon on my dash so I assume that i just need to take my car to the air pump in bp or shell to get the pressure back?

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Use the figures on the line which has a symbol of three people and a suitcase, use the figures on the Comfort line. (unless you are always fully loaded)
Of the two values given the higher pressure will be for the front tyres.

The warning may be due to the low temperatures. Use your tyre pressure guage to check, the warning comes up because one tyre is different rather than directly measuring pressures. So if the pressures are roughly correct on each axle then it may be a false warning.

Pump the tyres to the correct value then reset the TPWS (tyre pressure warning system) as below:
press CAR > Setup> Tyres > set pressure > confirm ( or something similar).

Reactions: LouG

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
First of all, check the pressures of each tyre with a pressure gauge as you may have a slow puncture which will just be hidden if blindly inflate it.

Buy yourself a tyre compressor which comes with a pressure gauge as you won't always be near a petrol station.

Tyre pressures are given in two unit types, bar (2.4) or psi (35). Use the number which your compressor pressure gauge measures in. Many read in psi these days.

Pressures are sometimes different between the front wheel and the rear wheel, hence the two columns splitting the diagram of the car between front and back.

You will have different lines with different pressures depending on whether you expect your car to be fully loaded with people and luggage.

There will be different lines for different tyre sizes too, so use the appropriate line for you.
seat-leon-2006-600x355.jpeg

Reactions: RUM4MO

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I would just add that the stated tyre pressures are best taken as a starting point. Pay attention to how the car feels, drives and how the tyres wear and adjust the pressure accordingly. Your gauge may not be accurate so you may not even be putting in what you think you are. I typically find I end up running a couple of PSI over what the sticker suggests.

Reactions: Seastormer

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The tyre plaque is very clear. The figures below the front or rear wheels on the picture are the ones you apply to those wheels.
Get a decent tyre gauge and go by that, don't rely on gas station gauges. Use manufacturers pressures, they developed the car.

Reactions: Robtt and Copra68
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.