How hard is it?! (Reverse Camera woes)

Aug 24, 2023
TLDR; Reverse camera was out of focus -> Cupra replaced -> now says error and no camera displayed -> 3 days of work and counting, need at least another 2

Hi,

So my reverse camera suddenly decided it didn't want to be in focus any more...definitely wasn't dirty or condensation. Took it to Cupra who had it for the day to check it out (Day 1). They called and said they need to replace it but it's on back order (suggesting a wider issue?) and they'd be in touch when it comes in.

Fast forward a few weeks, it goes in for the replacement to be fitted (Day 2). They call and say it's all done and I go to collect. Being excited about the prospect of having a working reverse camera again (sad, I know) I immediately put it in reverse to check it out. Big warning on the dash saying reverse camera error and now no camera is displayed...Went straight back in and Service department tried to tell me they've seen it working and it's fine - they came and had a look and were scratching their heads....booked it in for next week...

Fast forward to yesterday...take it in first thing, head to work in a temp car - about lunchtime I decided to check on the location of the car on the app (just out of curiosity) and noticed it was down the road at a body shop? Decided to head over to the garage a bit later on (about half hour before closing) even though they hadn't called to say it's ready. Get there to be told they don't have the calibration equipment for the camera (this is a Cupra / SEAT main dealer?!) and it had to go down the road to the body shop for them to do it and they've been running into issues that they've never seen before and need it for another day. Going away for the weekend, I needed the car so they've booked it in for a further 2 days in a couple weeks time...

Blows my mind how they don't have the calibration equipment at a main dealer considering these cameras are becoming more regular features...

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Funnily enough mine had been a tad blurry following some heavy rain while travelling about Kent a couple of weeks ago, as I'm pretty sure it's moisture behind the lens cover I'm hoping it'll improve over time, I can see no way of getting in to clean the inside, it IS better than it was but, as I say, it's a little blurry but useable.

Aug 24, 2023
Funnily enough mine had been a tad blurry following some heavy rain while travelling about Kent a couple of weeks ago, as I'm pretty sure it's moisture behind the lens cover I'm hoping it'll improve over time, I can see no way of getting in to clean the inside, it IS better than it was but, as I say, it's a little blurry but useable.
Fingers crossed yours sorts itself out! Mine was like it was focussed on something very close up (putting hand close to the camera was clear as day) - apparently they've seen a few come in with the same thing

Reactions: Doogle
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.