how hard is it to move the A/C back abit

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Think you've got to move both rads back cant just do the one, from them pics it doesn't look like they've dont it and just mounted it forward and cut the bumper instead.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
As the add says "no modifications needed" although I am pretty sure you need to lose the grill, but don't believe you need to move back the rad.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
you dont need to move it back.but then you have to cut in the bumper.but there is one on here that have move the rads back and have the ebay cooler one it with no cuteing in the bumper.he made some new brakets fore the radiator and ac i think

RichFred

I've got one of these sitting under my desk :) I'm hoping to get it in without hacking my bumper to bits! As I want to keep the grills etc. Planning on mounting it in a similar way to the Forge one, getting it back as far as possible, apparently it is doable but the clips for the grills need removing. I'm going to attempt it this weekend, unless I freeze to death doing it i'll take a couple of pics if I can get it in OK.

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
fitted one of these last week.

my rad and aircon rad seem to sit further back oneside than the other (not sure if it should be like that)

anyway with the intercooler up against the A/C rad on the side that sits most forward i had to trim the bumper, so to keep the bumper standard it would require moving the rads back (at least on one side)

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
I've got one of these sitting under my desk :) I'm hoping to get it in without hacking my bumper to bits! As I want to keep the grills etc. Planning on mounting it in a similar way to the Forge one, getting it back as far as possible, apparently it is doable but the clips for the grills need removing. I'm going to attempt it this weekend, unless I freeze to death doing it i'll take a couple of pics if I can get it in OK.

keep us updated please pal

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
thats the same kit i have, i thought it was going to be a fairly quick job but ended up taking about 5 hours as it wont fit unless u either trim the bumper or move the rads back, i chose to trim the bumper as it was easier then making up new brackets however i dnt like my bumper anymore so im going to get a standard one and move the rads back this time so it looks standard and u can see the cooler through the original mesh, looks alot tidyier that way i think

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
Heres mine, i want some black mesh in front tho so its not so exposed

Image133.jpg

RichFred

Heres mine, i want some black mesh in front tho so its not so exposed

I'm thinking along the same lines, I want to keep the standard mesh, was even thinking of painting it black, but I can't be arsed now... you obviously have excellent taste ;)

Looking at you pic though, the core you have is different to the one I have here, the inlet/outlet pipes are in the middle on yours, they are towards the top (or bottom, depending on what way up it is!) on mine. How deep is yours? Just measured mine and it's 6.5cm like the ad says.

Pidge

I
Oct 11, 2008
Aberdeen
His looks like a THS type 1 core.

If you have an ebay uni kit itll be a bit different (end tanks inlet/outlet in different places)

Im also interested in how to move the rads further back for when i get my kit ;)

Pics of the new mounts/brackets for the rads would be mint!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
me and cupra20 are gunna re-fit his pro ally fmic and FIT my ebay fmic in two weeks i think im gunna have a go at not triming the bumper at all but i will be leaving the mesh out so i will take pics on doing this as we go

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
yeah mines not the actual kit from ebay but i purchased all the parts seperatly and it came to the same cost, but mine is the THS type 1 and i bought sfs hoses and a length of alloy tube

i dnt like the bumper because from a distance like the pic for instance it looks ok but up close its really not the greatest look as it was hard cutting the bumper in perfectly straight lines, plus im more into the standard look, i might just get mesh and see what thats like

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
The rads do sit further out one side than the other fro some strange reason, p34ch3y sounds do able we'll just have to make sure that we get the rads back far enough on the closer side,

what have you mounted it to who have already fitted them and is there any cutting required, e.g crash bar etc,

RichFred

I just went out and had a good look behind the grille, there's hardly any clearance on the drivers side, 1-2cm at most! either the IC needs to be wonky (not central) or the rads need to move to allow the standard bumper/grille to remain intact. Also found some broken wires down by the crank and what looks like the fuel breather has been snapped off of the black box it connects to at some point and been glued back badly... i'm going to have a busy weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members