how hard is it to move the A/C back abit

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
Basically the intercooler has two mounting areas with threads in, so i just made up two brackets which i bought from homebase lol i think they were some sort of kitchen unit brackets, bent them to the shape i wanted which was like a C shape, then mounted the intercooler so it was under the crash bar but mounted to it, sturdy as f**k doesnt wobble or have any play, but yeah if u move the rads back for some reason its closer one side than the other dont let this trick ur eyes, the first time i mounted the cooler i lined it with the rads, stuck the bumper on, trimmed it, then realised it was closer one side than the other lol thats why i mounted it to the crash bar in the end

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
just looked at that thread, im sure i tried it like that and the bumper wudnt go right back on, maybe ther was something blocking it when i tried it, might get a new front bumper and try doing it that way

RichFred

I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room for it to fit like that, I was planning on hanging my core in a similar way, but I reckon the radiators have to be moved back for the bumper to go back on ok. Maybe his were already moved by a previous owner...

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
think me and cupra20 are going to try move the rad back to do this without moding the bumper

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
I'll make sure i bring me camera with me,

if your going 65mm thick then i'm sure you'd have to move the rads back, we'll do some measuring for you while it's apart.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
this would be handy to have some pics as i want to do mine but dont wanna go into it blind lol!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Is it not possible to retain the standard mesh by putting it on something like a bandfacer to reduce it's thickness and then just trim the rest of the bumper where needed, keeping an OE look?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.