How I 'clean' my car! Picture Heavy! - Full detail

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Colli 476s is a good hard wearing durable wax but imo it doesnt really add any real depth or gloss to the finish. dont get me wrong, for the money is awesome stuff and nothing in its price bracket can match it for beading and durability.

Thing is, if your after a really glossy wet finish there are better waxes for a little more.

Down side at that price range is that you have to trade good looks for durability imo.

Agree, I've used Collinite, good for if you want long term protection, but for shine you should be using something else.

I use AG HD quite often, very good stuff, but I've recently started using the Tiki car care carnuba wax, love it! Gives great protection and the shine is really deep

DSCF3747-1.jpg

DSCF3762.jpg

AG HD:
DSCF3572.jpg

DSCF3570.jpg

DSCF3027.jpg

DavidN

Waxy Detailing Detailer
Jun 21, 2011
Hartlepool
Colli 476s is a good hard wearing durable wax but imo it doesnt really add any real depth or gloss to the finish. dont get me wrong, for the money is awesome stuff and nothing in its price bracket can match it for beading and durability.

Thing is, if your after a really glossy wet finish there are better waxes for a little more.

Down side at that price range is that you have to trade good looks for durability imo.

Fair point. Maybe a good idea to layer the wax then.

have a more glossier wax to bring out the shine but after its cured lay on some double coat.

might not be amazing result, but its the sacrifices we make to be lazy and not wax our car every few month!

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Agree, I've used Collinite, good for if you want long term protection, but for shine you should be using something else.

I use AG HD quite often, very good stuff, but I've recently started using the Tiki car care carnuba wax, love it! Gives great protection and the shine is really deep

DSCF3747-1.jpg

Thats a really impressive finish on silver... nice and glossy with a good level of reflection to.

I did have a little look into the Tiki range recently but i'll admit, its going to be a really impressive product range to steal me away from Zaino at the minute [B)]

Fair point. Maybe a good idea to layer the wax then.

have a more glossier wax to bring out the shine but after its cured lay on some double coat.

might not be amazing result, but its the sacrifices we make to be lazy and not wax our car every few month!

DoDo Juice have a double wax for that very reason... was designed and released in conjunction with DetailingWorld (hence the name of the wax)... its a soft and a hard wax set in 2 pots. you lay the softer wax down for the wet, glossy finish then layer the hard wax over the top for the durability.

In full size pots they retail for around £70 but can be had in panel pot size for around £15.

Last edited:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Thats a really impressive finish on silver... nice and glossy with a good level of reflection to.

I did have a little look into the Tiki range recently but i'll admit, its going to be a really impressive product range to steal me away from Zaino at the minute [B)]

I ordered the sample pack after hearing some good reviews about them. Was really impressed! Was also the first time I applied the wax by hand [B)]

Still need to give Zaino products a try!

euanlowe

Right Arun, after xmas when the weather is better I'll pay for a holiday inn for you, you're coming up and were doing my car. Really needs a complete going over. It's actually over due a clay/tar remover :). Maybe even Paul and NYlah's aswell :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members