How Long Did Your New Leon Take To Arrive?

How Long Did Your Leon Take To Arrive?

• 1-2 Weeks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 3-4 Weeks

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 5-6 Weeks

• 7-8 Weeks

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 9-10 Weeks

• 11+ Weeks

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Mar 3, 2008
york
just been into my dealer and mine is built just waiting for the factory to despatch it order 10/03

Last edited:

rpmleon

RPM
Sep 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
Depends on what model and what options you want I suppose.

Last October I could have had the Cupra Demo car with 3000 miles on the clock but for a new one there was a 3 month wait :(.

Decided on the TFSI DSG with 18" wheels and blue tooth. My dealer identified one which had just been delivered at port of entry and I picked it up within a week :D :D

Imran

MrMush=)
Oct 4, 2007
Belfast
i want bluetooth in my car
i dont wanna rip out the speakers and a new head unit :D
bluetooth is because of the new rules about phones and driving so makes sense to get it

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Yep, 5 months and still waiting, but to be (kind of) fair, basically what happened was after about 11 weeks or so the dealer called to say it had arrived, BUT it had been built as a manual when I had ordered a DSG. Obviously if they'd forgotten an option like the leather I'd have said knock off a couple of grand and I'll take it, but that was pretty fundamental!

So the long and short of it is that it was sent back and they had to start again, with a 'maximum 8 week' lead time for the rebuild - and that's a 'fast track' order apparently! I assume the problem is that I ordered it in yellow so they don't do 'yellow days' all that often. But we're now entering the eighth week by my reckoning and I have yet to hear any good news.

I don't know whose fault it was (dealer or factory) but to be fair the dealership have been very good about it so far under the circumstances, but I've yet to be offered any sweetener on the deal other than holding the P/X price on my Leon (which of course would go without saying).

Maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll have some better news.

I would have voted in the 11+ weeks but that just seemed a bit generous. To be fair if it had been built right in the first place then it would have been about 11 weeks so I will place a vote in there.

Rob

There are very few options which will actually hold up an order, about the only two are Sat Nav and Sunroof, everything else runs to the same lead time except for 1.4TSi which is a real problem at the moment as SEAT UK are only being allocated ten engines a week.

Dealers can usually get sold orders for much quicker lead times than quoted by SEAT as every dealer has to order a monthly quota 2-3 months in advance, therefore, using experience gaine from previous sales dealers order a mixture of models, colours and specs which can then be swapped between dealers. Most dealers will help each other out although some of the "fly by night" dealers and salesmen who upset other dealers generally have the longest waiting times because nobody will let them have stock.

Incidentally, I had a customer phone here yesterday who had for some reason been quoted 14 weeks for a Cupra K1 in Candy White by another dealer, I'm pleased to say after he signed on the dotted line yesterday afternoon the only hold up to him collecting his car from us next week will be the DVLA processing his cherished plate transfer, his car, complete with K1 kit, bluetooth and painted alloys will be on site with us about Friday.

It ain't what you know etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I have ato agree with gary there

its all about who you know a lot of the time

i have had people who have been quoted 12 weeks by more than one dealer

then a week later they are driving away in there brand new car

Irfan

fatherted22

13 weeks delivery !

its taken almost 13 weeks for delivery of my K1 ! that includes the 2 weeks it has sat at the dealers getting the bumpers and exhaust re aligned so they fit properly and the rear bumper resprayed [:@] hopefully getting it at the end of this week !!

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I waited about 2 weeks to the day for mine. Maybe 10 days. It was already in the country... I guess someone had ordered it then changed their mind.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I found that when I went it saying that I was after a Cupra (and at that time was actually deciding between an Cupra and FR). They tried to put me off with long lead teams on the Cupra and did their best to sell me an FR.

As soon as they knew I was serious they happened to be able to get one in the colour I wanted, with iPod connector a lot quicker than the 12+ weeks originally quoted. That was at 2 different dealers. I had to pay extra for the Convenience Pack that I didn't originally want, but glad that I did in the end.

smilley792

May 1, 2008
well i ordered my fr550 on friday(last) they said i could have it the next day if i wanted red, but i wanted white, so i had to wait.

on monday they told me my car would be ready to pick up tuesday evening. woohoo.

4days wait, granted i didnt tick any extra's, but 4days is pretty rapid

Mar 3, 2008
york
i have spoke to the dealer today and mines on the boat on its way order 10/3 but i am away for 2 & 1/2 weeks from the 9th so mine should be here when i get back. :D

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
i have spoke to the dealer today and mines on the boat on its way order 10/3 but i am away for 2 & 1/2 weeks from the 9th so mine should be here when i get back. :D

Nice :p I get it Skoda Octavia from my dealer for the mean time....before Cupra arrives.... :rolleyes: Model 2003 and its with 1.6i engine and is quite slow and shait...:p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members