How many miles per full tank?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
id love to work a few miles from home !!!
55-60 mile round trip each day , without going to pick the baby up !! i too dont see that good of a mpg ,

i used to keep the receipt , mark the recipt with start milage and end milage and work out the true value , (fiestas never came with trip computer thingies, mite start that back up, or take the lead weights out my boots ,

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Well, i've now done 374miles and I'm just above 1/4th full, trip says got another 135miles left.

This tank is going to average 8-10MPG more than my previous 10 tanks.

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
from full to light on i have done 480miles,thats a mix of everything but mostly short 4 mile journeys,and then motorways 70+.
think thats quite goo?
standard fr+150bhp

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Well, i've now done 374miles and I'm just above 1/4th full, trip says got another 135miles left.

This tank is going to average 8-10MPG more than my previous 10 tanks.

You are probably watching the foot action with this tank as you are more aware of the bad mpg, whether you realise you are or not.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
You are probably watching the foot action with this tank as you are more aware of the bad mpg, whether you realise you are or not.

I've been watching the foot for months now, infact....when I came back from Manchester on Saturday on the M62 I was..........driving at 70 ov course. :whistle:

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Well filled mine up the other day 49.5 litres in and after 50miles mainly 8 mile to work and back and around town gettin around 45mpg, sounds about right, guna see how many miles i get from a full tank :) and i'll get back to ya. Will see what its like when the fuel light comes on, ive read the tank holds 55 litres and when the fuel light comes on it means that there 7 litres left? can anyone confirm this as info was taken from a LCR which i presume is the same sized tank.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i can get between 32-44mpg. less out of a tank was about 360 miles which was mostly town and a lot of spirited driving. most was 500 miles which was the occasional spirited moment, mway cruising and gentle throttle usage. Just had car lowered on coilovers today and wheels re-aligned so will have to see if that makes any difference.

mr_merc

Oct 22, 2008
I have a Leon FR 150 and Driving around Milton Keynes (mixture of A5 and roundabouts) and about a 20 mile round trip every day sees me get about 450 miles to a tank, so about 42 mpg.

Driving down from Coventry at 80 mph for an hour or so this weekend passed I averaged 53 mpg.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Well my first tank lasted 484miles which im pleased with thats a standard car, was just drving steady mainly, now im just driving normal, however my mood is, what songs on the radio etc ... not caring for good mpg and will see what the difference is :)

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Just draining my full tank in my Leon Ecomotive - only filled her up to the first click with £50 (I was being stingy) and the light has just come on at 585 miles. I reckon I'll get another trip to work and back out of the tank before I'm too scared to go any further - so just over the 600 mark.

This include a 120 mile trip into central London and back with a LOAD of clutch work (obviously) but also a 300 mile run to Birmingham and back doing 70-80 all the way. My work journey is a much shorter pootle which is probably hurting my mpg.

Quite happy with that tbh.

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Right normal driving tank all gone now :) and i wasnt being steady at all alot of on off driving sitting at 80ish motorways lots of overtaking and i managed . . . . . 459miles :) only 24 off last time this time i vented the tank got 55 litres in it exactly so see how i go.

sparky78

I drive 50 miles from leic to mk and back every day (100 miles a day if u dont know ur maths!), M1 all the way. My leon cupra 150bhp will get 650 miles from a £50 tank if i drive at 55 in the slipstream of a truck all the way (wot fun!). My 130bhp ibiza i got rid of would get 500 miles from a £35 tank.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
25022009433.jpg

Aaaand I'm spent.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
search and ye shall find. Its filling up the fuel tank to full, then pressing in the little button just in the filler neck to expel the air from the expansion tank, keep this pressed in whilst filling up to get more in. I used to get another 100 miles to a tank with this method.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
search and ye shall find. Its filling up the fuel tank to full, then pressing in the little button just in the filler neck to expel the air from the expansion tank, keep this pressed in whilst filling up to get more in. I used to get another 100 miles to a tank with this method.

I stupidly found this out before reading about it on here, so did it 4 times. each time the fuel level went down and i though "yay!"

when i arrived home the rear panel was covered in diesel :cartman:

only do it once!! :doh: