How much are FR seats worth?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Can't wait to see these leather seats! And also the final result of masterkm's transformation, guess we'll have to wait for that though ;)

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
To be honest with you I am not experienced with any of that. My Dad has a friend whose family has always been in the business of trimming seats and such and he inherited the talent. I paid him a visit, showed him my car's interior, and he took off the rear and passenger seats and about three - four days later I received a call from him asking me to come over in order to reinstall everything. I was really, really happy with the outcome. Of course he took off the driver seat and trimmed it that day, haha.

I can tell you it was a different feeling. The leather is so stylish and comfortable I just love it. I can tell you pictures won't do it justice. I'll make sure I take a couple of pictures in the morning and post them.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I am truly sorry but I forgot to take pictures in the morning, however I did remember as soon as I got back home (which was pretty dark already) and so the pictures are very crappy due to the flash and they are also a bit shaky for some reason:

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119_BURST001.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Yeah, I guess I am an OEM kind of person. I like to modify the car but at the same time don't like it to be over-done or anything. That was my main beef with the Dectane head lights since they have LEDs and I thought that it wouldn't look good and would ruin the front of the car, but I ended up buying it anyway because my projector-lens retrofit failed and I can say that I am very happy with my decision.

I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow. I just took a better look at the photos and realized that the camera is focusing on the edges of my driver's and passenger's seats which is why the rear is completely out of focus; God, I am such a horrible photographer. Ha ha!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I have to add in that if you're considering leather...your a$$ will freeze in the winter. We already turn on our seat heating now. Freezes me bits off
Granted...leather warms to your body temp relatively quickly. But my god it can get cold.

Did 7 consecutive hours in standard pre-FL cloth FR seats and never got a sore butt.
The FL ones seem even more comfy than that! And the FL ones have more support I think

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members