how much for full engine build with forged pitons/rods valves etc

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
right ive been chatting to a well known engine tuner around my area and have had a quote of 3k to have my engine re-built using wossner forged pistons upgraged rods supertech valves/springs and retainers aswel as all the bits to make it reliable(ish) and they'll bore it out to 1870 cc,

is this expensive or can i get it all done cheaper with a different tuner? im not goin to go for the cheapest option as i know u buy cheap and end you up paying again,

so i know alot of you on here have had motors built and some have done it themselves i will be fitting the engine myself to save some money as ive fitted the engine in before so i know roughly what im doin lol

can any1 post up rough quotes of how much it cost you and what work did you have carried out please? and if you dont want to post on here can you pm me as it would be a big help.

cheers gaz

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
I got all the components myself amd built it up with a mate who builds engines, so it was a bit cheaper in that sense, all in all i should think it cost me £1500 inlcluding his fee, mates rates plus i got bits cheaper. i got the head built up for as i couldnt get a valve compressor but we did everthing else ourselves.

Pistons should be about £450, valves/retainers, springs £500-600, conrods £400 then £3-400 on gaskets, bearings etc

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
it will possibly be bigger bore but still unsure of the damage in the bore yet so will decide when the motors out this weekend

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Whos that quote off?

I had pistons and rods fitted along with head stripped cleaned and rebuilt for 850, only parts included in that were valve stem oil seals and a head set. I supplied the rods and pistons.