How Much Is It Worth?

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Hi Guy's,

Been looking at a S reg Ibiza SXE. Its only done 29k (genuine!) and has full service history. Its in very good condition for its age but I think the trader has put it up for too much. So how much is it worth?

Also are the slam panels the same colour as the car or are they all black?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they've probably replaced them with crap ones, you need genuine wheel bearings.

But I think it's a lot of money for a Mk2

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
1500 sounds at least 20% too much to me. I'd rather buy something with more miles. Sounds like this car has been standing a while or has had a life full of cold cycle short runs

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Its a 1.4 sxe.

It had only done 7k by 2006 so yeah it prob has been stood up for a long time. The last MOT was abandoned by the tester because the car was overheating. When I checked under the bonnet the air feed from the manifold to the air intake was missing. The trader did say a replacement was on its way.

I reckon 1500 is still alot of money for a 10 year old car, I need a cheap little run around for the misses to learn to drive in but also be safe for my little one, she is not drivin my motor! Trying to find a small, cheap and cheerful motor is harder than I anticipated.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Its a 1.4 sxe.The last MOT was abandoned by the tester because the car was overheating. When I checked under the bonnet the air feed from the manifold to the air intake was missing.

that pipe is only a token effort to help it warm up faster in winter - 1.4 8v overheating is more likely a head gasket or water pump former being more common

just pray it didnt get too hot as they warp like plastic if they do, known more than a few head's ending up scrap and getting hard to find too

is it all sorted now ? last mot mileage ? would you even pay half that with a dodgy head ?

I'd look at an early Yaris, can't get much cheaper to run than that :)

or a micra K10 / K11 if you want to be funky

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members