How to remove Seat Leon Dashboard

dimension8

Hi, Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to remove a Seat leon 2003 Dashboard. I have a annoying rattle that seems to be the strut under the dashboard, but i cannot get to it.
I know this seems to be a common problem and many people have just turned up the radio or put it into the garage to sort. But i would like to fix this problem and just require some pointers on how not to brake any part of the dash or trim.
Thanks
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
check out the american votex forums for mkiv golf interiors - essentially the same as the leon. if you cant find it the link might be on the ukmkivs.net forum, i am sure there was a very good guide for removing interior trim - whether it includes the dash or not i am unsure. It will be a mission guide or not though!

dimension8

Hi Andrew, where are the visible bolts located as none can been seen without removing any trim from what i can see?
Thankso

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
There are no visible bolts, you will need to remove the centre console front and middle, glove box and trim under the steering wheel all the bolts holding the dash in are behind these, and are obvious, basically the more you remove the more you can see what else need's to be removed. Willie if you need any pointers Pm me and I will try and help, unless you want to do it at this years meet :cartman:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There are no visible bolts, you will need to remove the centre console front and middle, glove box and trim under the steering wheel all the bolts holding the dash in are behind these, and are obvious, basically the more you remove the more you can see what else need's to be removed. Willie if you need any pointers Pm me and I will try and help, unless you want to do it at this years meet :cartman:

Exactly what he said! We where replacing a Heater Matrix and drying the carpet so everything came out

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hope to have it done by then but might have other things to do by then, lol

Any good at welding in roll cages;)

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
What speaker? they are all in the doors ;)

well i thought this, but the ones in my doors are working fine, but im getting a crackly speaker from around the rear of my dash?? sound there on one side but not the other, i recently fit a Parrot and was fiddling around there without having the dash off, so thought i had disturbed something, also if i turn on radio, i can hear a crackling from that area, with intermittent sound. when i bought the car, the lady selling did say she had had extra speakers installed when it was built.. but i didnt think they were there?! im so confused!

andycupra

status subject to change
check out the american votex forums for mkiv golf interiors - essentially the same as the leon. if you cant find it the link might be on the ukmkivs.net forum, i am sure there was a very good guide for removing interior trim - whether it includes the dash or not i am unsure. It will be a mission guide or not though!

or look at audi a3 forums given its an audi a3 dash.

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
Speakers behind the dash, really!!! Are you sure its not a door tweeter making it sound like its behind the dash? Seems like a major bit of work to fit an extra speaker or two! Before id go taking out the dash, id remove the simple bits and have a good look in there first!! There cant be too many places to fit a speaker in there!! Just a thought.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members