How to update SatNav maps?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi Guys.

Mine is the RNS 310 I believe.

How do I go about updating it to latest firmare on that system and can I use 2020 maps on it?

Thanks
Check here for getting the latest firmware, you'll need to find out the version before getting the correct files (should all be in that thread), then for maps you should need something like this... link it's the newer version of the one I got but from a different seller...

hope that helps

Reactions: Legojon
Jun 6, 2020
You dont need mapcare. If your infotainment system has that sd card 6PO919866 in either of the card slots, that's where your sat-nav gets all its info from. That company I mentioned supplies cards that (if activation was ever required) simply slots into your sd card port. Give it a wee bit of time to update anything in the head unit's firmware, then you are good to go!

Think of it like this - your dealership is preying on your ignorance of how this works, so they exploit you by telling you nonsense, such as:

you'll need to leave your car with them, as it's "very technical".

Its expensive because your head unit is actually a small computer, and needs reprogrammed, etc...

Worst case - the card doesn't work, so you send it back for a refund. What's to lose?

Jun 6, 2020
Check here for getting the latest firmware, you'll need to find out the version before getting the correct files (should all be in that thread), then for maps you should need something like this... link it's the newer version of the one I got but from a different seller...

hope that helps
Does anyone have a phone number for satnav stores?
I’ve been trying to contact them by email with no response. Possibly closed due to covid?

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Does anyone have a phone number for satnav stores?
I’ve been trying to contact them by email with no response. Possibly closed due to covid?
I think they are only contactable by email. Send them a request, with as much info as you have, and they'll advise going forward. Any info they need from you to further supplying you with the correct map will be requested by them. They are a helpful bunch at SatNavStore.

Jun 6, 2020
I have just bought an sd card and have the same message. Wasn’t sure whether to go for the use sd option or install? I’m guessing it’s the install option right?

Attachments

• 5C1400EC-EC3F-4663-8993-60400140D57D.jpeg
    5C1400EC-EC3F-4663-8993-60400140D57D.jpeg
    679.1 KB · Views: 129

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I have just bought an sd card and have the same message. Wasn’t sure whether to go for the use sd option or install? I’m guessing it’s the install option right?

Personally I'd go with install. It takes a couple of hours, but then you can take the SD card out. The other option just reads the map data directly off the card - so you have to leave it in 24/7 and I imagine it'd be slower. Whilst installing, you can turn the engine off and take the keys out as many times as you need.

Reactions: Steven Rowan

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Personally I'd go with install. It takes a couple of hours, but then you can take the SD card out. The other option just reads the map data directly off the card - so you have to leave it in 24/7 and I imagine it'd be slower. Whilst installing, you can turn the engine off and take the keys out as many times as you need.

If you INSTALL, there's less chance of data corruption, as it becomes stored in the head unit. Like sd cards in cameras, for example, there is the increased chance of data corruption the more often the card is read/written to/from. If you experience data corruption in the head unit, you have a virtually unused sd card that you can reload the data from.

Reactions: Legojon
Jun 6, 2020
Thanks for the response.
I did ask the company who I got the card from and they have just advised To use the sd card option for first 2 weeks and if no problem then use the update function so I’ll probably do as they suggest.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise