Hybrid Formentor MPG figures

Mar 8, 2024
Hi all, Im not really sure how to explain this or if I can explain how I intend so bare with me LOL.

So my miles to work are 22miles and back home are 22miles. Car is charged to 100% and gives me the usual 36m range.

I run in Hybrid off the go for about 10 miles as I have a hill at the start of my journey so the car switches to petrol, it usually runs in petrol for about 6miles of this (approx)
Once ive overcome the hill I run in EV mode for the rest of the 12mile journey.

The computer tells me I have 50% battery left and 18mile range left, I have readings of 135mpg & 5.5mpkw

Some days i get in the car to go home & now my EV range is 22miles left, not sure if the car is still regening from the long downhill before i park up or if its just because the days are warming up. But I can get get home on full EV for 21miles my MPG figures are near to 282mpg. I am getting near 40miles of EV over both trips.

Enough of the guff, back to my question (I told you to bare with me)
The care tells me the total combined MPG & Combined Mpkw but where can I break down the petrol only & EV only split figures of my journey. 135 & 282mpg is ridiculous or is this correct.

ta

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
It's correct in the sense you have done 44 miles using 10 miles worth of petrol, so at 135mpg indicated overall you've used 0.33 of a gallon.

10 miles of engine use while using 0.33 of a gallon is 30mpg (bear in mind it's uphill and while warming up).

You can do the same calcs for the battery usage, but it's a bit more difficult with any battery used while assisting in hybrid mode. In terms of pure EV use, 44 miles at 5.5mpkw uses 8kw, so the 34 miles of EV only means a truer 4.25mpkw. I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyld Stallyn
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise