I’ve cancelled My Cupra......

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I was considering a new Golf R as my next car but not after reading this. I differ from xyz as far as the number of doors is concerned. I need a 5 door car as my parents are now elderly.

I have no issues with those who prefer DSG but I personally would not buy one. I want a car with a manual gearbox and I definitely will not pay a premium for DSG. I realise this may well limit my choices but then again, it won't be for the first time.
I need a 5 door as well due to the little man but I prefer the 5 door look in the leon and on quite a few cars of this size tbh. I think the polo and Ibiza sized cars work better as 3 door due to their size but the bigger models suits the 5 door imo. That seems to be the way customers appear to be going too if manufacturers are dropping 3 doors. Focus rs was one of the first hot hatches to be offered in 5 door only from memory and I'd have one of those in a heartbeat. I like the practicality of the 5 door but maintaining a bit of hooliganism when little man isn't about. That's why I'm hoping my next car will be cupra st 4 drive, s3 saloon, focus rs or something similar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trout

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I need a 5 door as well due to the little man but I prefer the 5 door look in the leon and on quite a few cars of this size tbh. I think the polo and Ibiza sized cars work better as 3 door due to their size but the bigger models suits the 5 door imo. That seems to be the way customers appear to be going too if manufacturers are dropping 3 doors. Focus rs was one of the first hot hatches to be offered in 5 door only from memory and I'd have one of those in a heartbeat. I like the practicality of the 5 door but maintaining a bit of hooliganism when little man isn't about. That's why I'm hoping my next car will be cupra st 4 drive, s3 saloon, focus rs or something similar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I've had to move from a SC to a 5dr due to my growing family.

Definitely prefer the sportier look of the SC as stock, but the 5dr with side skirts is a great middle ground. Practical + sporty

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
They didn't really bin the 300, it's just going down to 290 for those who don't have 4WD.

The only reason models are being dropped is because a lot of manufacturers will be refreshing their line ups next year or the year after. New Golf next year along with the Mk4 Leon, new 208 due next year, etc. They can't justify the costs of altering cars now to pass testing that will be retired and replaced next year.

There is a bigger issue than altering current cars.
WLTP says that every variant of the car must be put through testing.
so any option or combination of options from standard will need a separate test.
What you will see is that options will only be available in "packs"
Look at the new CUPRA offerings ( only six possibilities other than colour choice ) - all are DSG ( no manual available )
5 door Cupra
5 door Cupra lux pack
ST Cupra
ST Cupra lux pack
ST Cupra 4drive
ST Cupra 4drive lux pack

This is purely to limit the amount of tests they need to pass.

I guess it will also become the norm for any sort of body kit ( skirts, splitters, spoilers etc ) to be dealer fit only after registration.

Reactions: LouG

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Been emailing since last Friday and still no response about getting my deposit back! The broker Ts &Cs state deposit refundable if not delivered 35 days after estimate if I request and don't receive 14 days after that..?? From what I've seen here I'm never gonna get my ST 4Drive so shouldn't be a problem... Anyway, M140i Shadow Edition will be here within 2 weeks! Shove it where the sun don't shine Seat :moon:

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Been emailing since last Friday and still no response about getting my deposit back! The broker Ts &Cs state deposit refundable if not delivered 35 days after estimate if I request and don't receive 14 days after that..?? From what I've seen here I'm never gonna get my ST 4Drive so shouldn't be a problem... Anyway, M140i Shadow Edition will be here within 2 weeks! Shove it where the sun don't shine Seat :moon:

Deposit returned, rant over!

Deleted member 103408

Enjoy the new car, I suspect there will be more following you

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Interesting article about VW and the fact only 7 out of 14 models sold in Europe have approval under the new regs

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...eliveries-halted-wltp-emissions-certification

Makes you wonder if SEAT are the in same boat

Either way, easy to see how this is causing a back log on orders if the manufacture doesn't have approval to sell that model and trim/spec after 1st sept

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
It seems strange that the autocar article has two brands within VAG taking different approaches to this...

VW stockpiling cars whilst awaiting for test homologation, whereas Seat are only starting to build once homologation is complete. I assume that the only reason for this is VW have a rest of world market if not suitable for European use?

My thoughts on if Cupra LHD models are built before RHD models is that it depends entirely on markets. Traditionally UK and Germany have been markets where the most performance models in the ranges of cars are sold in Europe - I recall reading that a high percentage (c.40%?) of all of the vRS models Skoda make are sold in UK.

Obviously, whilst production stalls, this will also have an impact on cash flow, hence the reason why the models sold in the greatest volumes are being tested first.

For those picking up new ‘68’ cars today - enjoy!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Interesting article about VW and the fact only 7 out of 14 models sold in Europe have approval under the new regs

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...eliveries-halted-wltp-emissions-certification

Makes you wonder if SEAT are the in same boat

Either way, easy to see how this is causing a back log on orders if the manufacture doesn't have approval to sell that model and trim/spec after 1st sept

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Audi have also been affected

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/a...s3-sportback-sedan-issues-stop-sale-due-wltp/

Currently sat in synter BMW. They're laughing. The sales guy said they were more prepared for WLTP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.