I hate my car right now

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Since I bought my cupra 3 months ago Ive spent £200 fixing the bloody thing. One of the main reasons I bought the car was due to the so called reliability of it

I have fitted 2 coil packs so far the last one was done on thursday nite and what happens, another f***ing one blew again today

Seriously annoyed with it fixing it all the time just now

anyone else pissed off with there car just now???

The thing that annoys me is that I had a 106 GTI before this for a year and I NEVER had a single thing go wrong with it and there supposed to break down all the time lol

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
I think if one goes the others will soon follow and you should just change the lot!
Personally not had one fail, touch wood! lol

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
I do hate it when u get one bad thing after another.

obviously i don't have a cupra so not as much can go wrong, and apart from a few strange noises upon cold starts its been a pretty good run so far.

That is since a whole new gearbox has been replaced, which was my last problem :blink:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
pmsl, no offence but who told you they were reliable?

2 coilpacks? That it? Have a search about mate, some people would kill for just 2 coilpacks to be wrong.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I think if one goes the others will soon follow and you should just change the lot!
Personally not had one fail, touch wood! lol

Think i'll just do that

The first one went straight after I got it remapped and afaik all the coils were the originals so they lasted quite long at 80k miles, that was replaced with a genuine seat coil as was the one on thursday so hopefully its a different one thats went again

If its one of the newer ones whats the parts warranty on them anyone know???

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
sok mate, i got mine, then there was an injector issue with it, then there was a boost hose issue, then other little things. Its annoying, but when you get these little things fixed, you get ages of driving pleasure.
Cupra costs what, 6k for a proper mint one?! You could have bought an M3 for what ever they go for, their engines let go LOADS!
Bought a Ferrari 360, i know a guy whos 360 has spend 3 times as much time in its garage because it was broken. Imagine spending that much money on a car and having issues?!
Ibiza's have some quirks, but its rare its anything big that goes wrong.
My point being, few cars offer as much power for your hard earned, my car doesnt get dicked by anything on the road. Only the M3 Alpina. lol
That said ill prob blow the turbo on way to work 2moz. haha

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Yeah normally when one coil goes, chances are the rest will go. Cant say ive had any major problems with my cupra, had it 3years and done 40k since owning it. All ave had go was coil, clutch pedal and waterpump, all easy fix

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
most people have a coil pack go immediately after a remap it seems as it puts more strain on things and if its weak...then its goes!!

question tho....it cost you £200 for 2 coilpacks?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
200quid on 2 coilpacks....they seen you coming from a mile away lol

had to change my third in 3 years the other day, too be fair coilpacks are nothing and cheap to replace

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
I know mine aint a cupra but ive had no problems either "touchwood" since ive had it around 9months... and i bought it because i wantd a reliable car and i had a mk1 punto sporting b4 that 1.2 (105bhp) and book price was worth about £1300 at the time and i spend double that repairin the thing coilpacks/headgaskets/clutch/exhuast/theromostat/timingbelt/rads and theres loads more lol but yer mate i know how you feel...!

shaunmc263

i dont have a cupra but is the past week ive had the starter motor go and now the gearbox may need replaced :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Sell the Cupra and buy a £20~30k Porsche 996 Carrera 2 or 4. Make sure you go for the 98-01 ones as they only really suffer four common problems;

- Rear Main Shaft Seat (£800.00)
- Leaky Radiators (£1700.00)
- Air Flow Meters (£300.00)
- Terminal Engine Failiure (£12,000.00)

I personally thought my Cupra was relible as hell in standard(ish) forum, and heavily modified K03 210bhp state. Only when it was IHI did it start to suffer problems like air flow meter and terminal engine failiure.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.