i think i have a problem!!!!

AndyMiles1986

Mar 14, 2010
hi all got a 2003 plate cupra r 89k on the clock had it about a month or 2 and now when i got i it was ok but over the last week or 2 it has been loseing power and when on full boost it screams also after a journey i open the bonnet and the manifold is glowing red ive checked the dv that seems to be fine cant work out what to do next :help::help::confused:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
manifold to turbo gasket?

obviously the egt are high if the manny glowing mate, you had it on vagcom for codes/logging... that would be first point

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
maybe they do cause it mate, wasnt disagreeing, just havent heard that one... think itd have to be an epic coil fail to cause that one..

to tell, whip out your spark plugs and see what the firing ends look like, colour etc..

any actual running issues?

AndyMiles1986

Mar 14, 2010
when first startin in the morning its a bit spluttery for a few seconds then its ok when u its on full boost it screams ive checked dv and pipes was thinking it may be intercooler is there two intercoolers how do i get it checked on vag com when looking in the bonnet there are two intercoolers one on the left one on the right

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.