I Think I'm Done!

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
Update... 3rd Feb 2022 and STILL no build date!! Ordered first week of Sep' 21. I know some of you have been waiting much longer - and then again, some have ordered later than September 2021 and are driving Cupra's already.

Ordered through a company that does discounts for 'blue light' services... got a decent wedge off the price of a V2 1.5 TSi DSG (with optional Beats Pack specs'd and the electric tailgate); saved about £6k off the list price. But then was completely miffed when hearing the news of the car being de-specc'd and now coming with the 10" screen rather than the 12".

Called the dealership for an update as I now have access to the SLI number (from said discount company - which I didn't have before). Order was placed with Marshalls Seat... When I called them, they basically just laughed and told me "we can confirm that Seat have accepted the order - that's it!"

Was told "maybe September now; we just can't say!!"

Seriously tempted to just cancel now - and keep the Jaguar XE (lease) I'm currently driving for another 2 years - and let the chip shortage situation sort itself out. Lease price goes down slightly when keeping it for another 2 years - and can save a bit of money - and avoid some of the headaches a lot on here have been experiencing?

I know there's been some 'success stories' but they are few and far between. It even seems like a success story is 'learning to live with it'... but I don't wanna fork out good money and just learn to live with it; that would seriously irk me :mad:

Keeping the current lease for another 2 years, paying less and enjoying hassle-free motoring - whilst enjoying a kick-ass Meridian 380W 12 speaker system - just feels like the right option just now.

Was buying the Cupra Formentor (not lease this time); but I'm now beginning to think that the chip shortage and no build date in sight (for me at least), are a blessing in disguise!!?? :unsure:

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
Was so looking forward to this motor... Even got it as a screensaver on my computer... Well, that's flippin' coming off now init! :)

Composing the cancellation email now

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
In a seller's market if you are buying something heavily discounted due to an agent selling on a "blue light discount" then that company has limited buying power which might explain the delay.

I get your frustration but not sure your reason for cancellation add up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
I suspect there are far more people who are happy with their Formentors than have gripes. I'm sure you can go on any vehicle forum, whether it's for Dacia or Ferrari and there will be owners with issues. I'd be happy to bet that there are more owners not signed up to this forum than do regularly read the (mostly) wise words that are posted here.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
I suspect there are far more people who are happy with their Formentors than have gripes. I'm sure you can go on any vehicle forum, whether it's for Dacia or Ferrari and there will be owners with issues. I'd be happy to bet that there are more owners not signed up to this forum than do regularly read the (mostly) wise words that are posted here.
Additionally, you got £6k off list price! Wow! I'd give that for a smaller screen and a bit of a wait (I ordered in June last year and hope to take delivery in March).

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
That's very true - if people are happy, they don't usually report.

Only joined this forum since ordering the car last year... but man! Serious food for thought being given. And I've finished eating now. May re-visit Cupra down the line? But mind definitely made up for now

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Additionally, you got £6k off list price! Wow! I'd give that for a smaller screen and a bit of a wait (I ordered in June last year and hope to take delivery in March).
Possibly sounds like a deal that couldn't actually be delivered based on the discount

Kieran94

Sep 1, 2021
Hi my order in September (delivery January) was pushed back to July 2022. Went on autotrader and found two that were in the uk waiting to be delivered to the dealership. I put a deposit down (only because I knew it was already in the uk) and picked it up two weeks later and managed to get the 12” screen. Was exactly what I ordered other than the pan roof. Happy owner now.
Keep an eye out on dealers getting stock in. Unless you want all the bells and whistles you’re best bet is to buy a used one or wait a year imo. It’s a great car, Good luck!

Bear

Jun 15, 2021

Only joined this forum since ordering the car last year... but man! Serious food for thought being given. And I've finished eating now. May re-visit Cupra down the line? But mind definitely made up for now
So what are you going to do? Keeping your current motor or going elsewhere?

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
Possibly sounds like a deal that couldn't actually be delivered based on the discount

Nah! It's not a fly-by-night company - all legit. The discounts are for Police, Emergency Services etc - so the company putting these orders through have massive buying power due to the volume or orders being placed - so nothing to do with Cupra not being able to deliver based on the discount.

Someone else said to me / reckoned that, if I'd ordered without any optional extras - eg. just a base spec with nothing added, I may have had it already? :unsure: interesting thought... but just adding a Beats pack/subwoofer, (for which the spare wheel must be taken), and electronic tailgate... why would that add months to a delivery timescale? I don't know...

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021

Lol you are talking yourself out of this.

Good luck with any car your order in the future and the joy of that forum and the subsequent problems of that model.

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
Hi my order in September (delivery January) was pushed back to July 2022. Went on autotrader and found two that were in the uk waiting to be delivered to the dealership. I put a deposit down (only because I knew it was already in the uk) and picked it up two weeks later and managed to get the 12” screen. Was exactly what I ordered other than the pan roof. Happy owner now.
Keep an eye out on dealers getting stock in. Unless you want all the bells and whistles you’re best bet is to buy a used one or wait a year imo. It’s a great car, Good luck!
👊👍

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
So what are you going to do? Keeping your current motor or going elsewhere?
Yeah!! Let's be honest... driving a Jaguar that's only done 13k miles ain't a bad option. Had absolutely no trouble with it and the lease would go down by almost £30 per month for the next 24 months. (dead money I know - but I can swallow it!)

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Yeah!! Let's be honest... driving a Jaguar that's only done 13k miles ain't a bad option. Had absolutely no trouble with it and the lease would go down by almost £30 per month for the next 24 months. (dead money I know - but I can swallow it!)
It's not dead money, it's cost of ownership. In normal circumstances (no shortage of chips), you would lose on depreciation during ownership.

As ex-driver of Formentor, I recommend keeping Jag.

Reactions: El Dingo

Nickh1278

Jan 20, 2022
Hate to tell you all this but my wife placed our order with Pure on the 20th of December and it arrived on the 4th of Jan lol

Did it have all the options on it that my wife asked for? I’ve no idea honestly but frankly, who cares, it’s on my drive and is frankly a stunning car. Whinging about your car not turning up for months when you’ve placed an order for a very specific model with lots of different options is like complaining that your 3 course meal is taking longer to make than a cheese and pickle sandwich 🤣

rpcor2

Sep 20, 2021
Hate to tell you all this but my wife placed our order with Pure on the 20th of December and it arrived on the 4th of Jan lol

Did it have all the options on it that my wife asked for? I’ve no idea honestly but frankly, who cares, it’s on my drive and is frankly a stunning car. Whinging about your car not turning up for months when you’ve placed an order for a very specific model with lots of different options is like complaining that your 3 course meal is taking longer to make than a cheese and pickle sandwich 🤣
Err... not quite! :confused:

Beats pack and an electronic tailgate doesn't really equal 'loads of options'

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Probably best option

VAG need to get their act together. Doubt I will own another Seat after loads of bits kept falling off my brand new mk3 Leon

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members