I Think I'm Done!

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Update... 3rd Feb 2022 and STILL no build date!! Ordered first week of Sep' 21. I know some of you have been waiting much longer - and then again, some have ordered later than September 2021 and are driving Cupra's already.

Ordered through a company that does discounts for 'blue light' services... got a decent wedge off the price of a V2 1.5 TSi DSG (with optional Beats Pack specs'd and the electric tailgate); saved about £6k off the list price. But then was completely miffed when hearing the news of the car being de-specc'd and now coming with the 10" screen rather than the 12".

Called the dealership for an update as I now have access to the SLI number (from said discount company - which I didn't have before). Order was placed with Marshalls Seat... When I called them, they basically just laughed and told me "we can confirm that Seat have accepted the order - that's it!"

Was told "maybe September now; we just can't say!!"

Seriously tempted to just cancel now - and keep the Jaguar XE (lease) I'm currently driving for another 2 years - and let the chip shortage situation sort itself out. Lease price goes down slightly when keeping it for another 2 years - and can save a bit of money - and avoid some of the headaches a lot on here have been experiencing?

I know there's been some 'success stories' but they are few and far between. It even seems like a success story is 'learning to live with it'... but I don't wanna fork out good money and just learn to live with it; that would seriously irk me :mad:

Keeping the current lease for another 2 years, paying less and enjoying hassle-free motoring - whilst enjoying a kick-ass Meridian 380W 12 speaker system - just feels like the right option just now.

Was buying the Cupra Formentor (not lease this time); but I'm now beginning to think that the chip shortage and no build date in sight (for me at least), are a blessing in disguise!!?? :unsure:
I think Im done too. i ordered from citygate seat Twickenham was quoted a price for an after market reverse camera. After placing my order the salesperson's manager then wanted twice as much as I had been quoted prior to placing my order. i wasnt going to be ripped off so said no chance and he cancelled my order. i tried placing the order with a different citygate dealership and have now been told that apparently they cant put the order through because the original order is still active in my name. i suspet it because they have stopped taking orders at the factory soTwickenham want to keep a hold on the one that went through earlier ??? and they havent been able to transfer it yet. they are completely useless , never call back and im done chasing them now. Im also going to see if my current lease can be extended and if i can place an order once things settle down

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Nah! It's not a fly-by-night company - all legit. The discounts are for Police, Emergency Services etc - so the company putting these orders through have massive buying power due to the volume or orders being placed - so nothing to do with Cupra not being able to deliver based on the discount.

Someone else said to me / reckoned that, if I'd ordered without any optional extras - eg. just a base spec with nothing added, I may have had it already? :unsure: interesting thought... but just adding a Beats pack/subwoofer, (for which the spare wheel must be taken), and electronic tailgate... why would that add months to a delivery timescale? I don't know...
What company did you use with blue light discount?

nielsstrychi

Waiting form September on a cupra formentor hybrid
Feb 16, 2022
Belgium
I ordered a hybrid 204hp end September and the dealer just told me delivery wil be for the second half of March.

Langlord

Jun 14, 2021
Err... not quite! :confused:

Beats pack and an electronic tailgate doesn't really equal 'loads of options'
Unfortunately any option will cause a delay as they don’t have chips allocated for the additional options and most manufactures are building in batches now to best manage the supply.

it’s why virtually all manufactures have changed specs on their specific models. For instance you can’t current order an A6 with a sunroof. Porsche have dropped the sport design pack on turbo models.

El Dingo

Jun 8, 2003
Norfolk
That's very true - if people are happy, they don't usually report.

Only joined this forum since ordering the car last year... but man! Serious food for thought being given. And I've finished eating now. May re-visit Cupra down the line? But mind definitely made up for now
I'm doing what you are doing. Staying in my existing lease car until the situation improves.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
For what it’s worth, took delivery last September VZ3 and been trouble free from day one. Didn’t log in and set up a profile like most people and drive as guest. Seems a lot of the problems stem from setting up driver profiles. Any updates can be done when I take for service. If it works as it should i ain’t that bothered by minor updates. Cracking car BTW

Reactions: ES_Formentor
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise