Ibiza 1.6 Sport tyre pressures

Del367

Hi

I have just got a Mk 5 Ibiza 1.6 Sport 5 door with 17 inch alloy wheels. I am impressed with it so far as it seems easier to drive than my previous model which was the Mk4 edition and the engine appears to be lively.

I was wondering what people recommended for the tyre pressures? On the petrol cap sticker it says 30 for the fronts and 28 for the backs for the car unladen. I was wondering whether this takes into account the larger than standard wheels or does the wheel size make no difference to the tyre pressures? The tyres at the moment are 35 all round which is what the dealer set them to.

Thanks for any help!

Del

blackmagic16v

i have a five door and i just give it 32 psi all round mate. try that.

Ian McN

Hi, Just taken delivery of my own Mark 5 Ibiza 1.6 CR Tdi with the 17" 215 40 tyres fitted - no mention in the handbook or tank sticker as to the appropriate pressures for half or full load - can anyone please give some guidance - pending a reply from Seat HQ so wil post their response in due course, but in the meantime .....

Ian McN

Thanks for that - car's a day old so any tips worth mentioning about the car as I find my way around it please? Intention is to run it in carefully before I enjoy the 250ft of torque!!

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
Hi, Just taken delivery of my own Mark 5 Ibiza 1.6 CR Tdi with the 17" 215 40 tyres fitted - no mention in the handbook or tank sticker as to the appropriate pressures for half or full load - can anyone please give some guidance - pending a reply from Seat HQ so wil post their response in due course, but in the meantime .....

They can be found on the inside of the fuel cap.

Ian McN

Mk5 Ibiza 215 40 17 tyre pressures

Thanks for your reply. Since the car comes as standard with smaller wheels and tyres (16") and the 17" wheels fitted to my car were an option I'm not sure that the fuel filler sticker advisor as to tyre pressures relates to the standard wheels or the fitted options and there's bound to be a difference in pressures between the two, hence my concern.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
After checking the tyres pressures on my new Ibiza the dealer had inflated them all to 45 psi!! :wtf:

Ian McN

Bet that made the ride a bit hard!! I'm STILL awaiting a response from SEAT UK so will update as to their advice as soon as I can.