Ibiza 1.6 TDI CR New EGR / Wont Start

• Thread starter Deleted member 112382
  • Start date

Deleted member 112382

Hi,

I'm new to this forum after buying a used Ibiza 1.6 TDI CR (2010) in May 2017. I apologise this is going to be a bit long!

I bought the car from an independent dealer, it had full main dealer service history, all doc ect and drove well and to my relief had the emissions update 2 weeks before i purchased it, on top of this the dealer gave a free 30-day warranty on my request.

The very next day after having drove the car 5 miles the DPF light came on, i rang the garage who offered a free forced regen but i'd need to drive the car to the garage (approx 25 miles). As i started to drive and it stalled and would not start, the garage sent a mobile mechanic who diagnosed the EGR as faulty.

I tried to claim on the warranty but was told the documents haven't been submitted and i'd have to wait 2 weeks. i waited 2 weeks and was told both the DPF and EGR are not covered but by then i'd read much online about the awful emission update and got the car towed to the main dealer who diagnosed the DPF and charged me £75 for forced regen. The following day the car stalled again and was again taken to the dealer who after a week of diagnostics said the EGR was faulty and after my insistence that this was due to the emissions update agreed to repair as good will. 2 weeks later and i have the car back with a new EGR value/ Cooler and running fine.

2 weeks thereafter and the car refuses to start and my breakdown service said it's the EGR sticking.

So the car is back at main dealer who say they cant understand what is going on... when they unplug the EGR the car runs fine but once plugged back in fails to start.

Weeks of fighting have got me a free courtesy car and my car is being diagnosed as good will.

So 4 months after purchase and we've driven about 50 miles and had it for less than a week in our hands.

The main dealer "Bristol Street Motors" is awful, nor enough technicians to work on the car and a total of 50+ phones calls and never had a call returned unless i make a threat to make an official complaint.

Anyone else have the same issue or can advise how to get this issue fixed?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members