Ibiza 2lt tdi fr remap and egr dpf delete

Sep 26, 2020
Hey guys, had my ibiza for about 6 months now and absolutely love the car.
It's a 2.0lt TDi FR CR 5 door which you don't usually come across.

Went in for a stage 1 remap 2 days ago, got it from 140bhp to 185 with an added 120nm of torque to make it 440.
Unfortunately, the check engine light came on shortly after so I got hold of the chap who did the map and he did a diagnostic for me.

Turns out it was an egr valve fault, which he said was likely as I'd had the DPF light come on rather frequently since owning it, and the regen fan would stay on occasionally after turning the engine off.
Booked in tomorrow to have the valve blanked, dpf cleaned and then both deleted.

It's recently had a new clutch put in under warranty, but the blokes at the garage I had to use said it didn't need a new dual mass when I specifically asked for them to put one in and I'd even pay for it myself as it wouldn't come under the warranty.

Problem is, they told me it didn't need it as there was no play in the original after they'd already fitted the new clutch and obviously they wouldn't be taking it off again.
I'm not clued up on cars like I expect most of you are, I don't drive silly and rag it around, but it's nice to know the power is there from the map when I need it.

I was just wondering if there's any problems I may encounter with having a map like this, and with the egr and dpf delete?
He offered to add a stage 2 into the car alongside the delete, but another mechanic friend of mine advised not to do that as the components of my car would wear too quickly and it would only cost me money in the future.
He has a stage 1 a3 and said that his gearbox has just died due to the map.

Are components dying something I have to be wary of from now on?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members