Ibiza 6J problem!

Feb 7, 2020
Hi guys, I really need some urgent help! So 6 month ago my ibiza 6J CAVE engine started white smoking and lost power. I then parked it up on my drive and tried to diagnose the problem. I had a snap on code reader put on it and it came back saying that the fueling wasn't correct. Could this be correct? I have spoke to another garage who has said the engine will have gone completely ( hoping not) but I'm also not a full wizard at these engines!

The 2nd piece to the puzzle is when I parked it up the gearbox was fine, I tried to pull the car forward the other day on my driveway and when I put it into drive it just clunked and shook the car and wouldn't move ( flashing D) which I have known in the past to be the mechatronics but I'm unsure due to it been fine when I parked it up?

Any help would be massively appreciated guys and if anyone knows a place Round West Yorkshire for a gearbox or engine please do let me know!!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that the reference story on these engines is "Lucifer's Ultimate guide" - stored, I think, on this forum, not much goodness to be said about this engine or its DSG box I'm afraid, most people known to avoid or enjoy then enjoy more by getting them going again and keeping them going, if that is possible.

Edit:-
Discussion in 'Mk5 Ibiza Guides (6J) 2008-2017' started by lucifer666, Sep 5, 2014.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members