Ibiza Cupra 1.8tsi Folding Wingmirror Fault.

Aug 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I've owned my 16' ibiza cupra for about 4 months now and it's a blast. However, the last 2 months my passenger side wingmirror has been behaving oddly.

It first started when I unfolded my wingmirrors one night when leaving work. The driverside one unfolded fine, however the passenger side mirror unfolded almost too far, to the point where the mirror was facing the floor. After 5 or 6 attempts I finally got the passenger one side to unfold correctly. Due to not wanting it to happen again, I always leave my mirrors unfolded. Then, about 3 weeks later I had stopped for petrol, took my key out of the ignition and the passenger wingmirror began moving by itself and faced the floor again. I used the switch to fold them both back up and unfolded them again and it was fine. Its since happened 4 more times since then, either with me switching the ignition on OR off. It doesn't happen all the time, very random.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be or if theres a simple fix? Just so I can prepare myself before I take it to a garage

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
My son has the same issue on his car. He hasn't got it fixed yet.

Electric folding mirrors are idiotic. They always feck up. I would disable the function.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.