Ibiza FR 2017 electrical problems! Driving me crazy

May 16, 2020
Hi!
I'm really hoping someone can help me. About 5 months ago my automatic headlights stopped working, took it to the dealership they sed it was the switch then realised it wasn't but sed because I'd had a new windscreen fitted by Autoglass my warranty was no longer valid. Car is on lease and I pay £200 a month for it!!!
Then the battery started going flat if I dont use it for one day. I noticed that the back lights flash every 2/3 minutes when engine is switched off. When they flash the the lights on the dash come on so I'm assuming this is what's draining the battery. I'm having to disconnect the battery every night which is annoying but not as annoying as getting in my car and it not starting.
Went back to Autoglass they have been fab, been out 6 times changed sensor n other bits but problem still happening and they are adamant the issues are nothing to do with the windscreen.
Today my petrol cap wouldn't open!!! It took over an hour then eventually it went! I'm at breaking point with the bloody car!!! Paying so much each month for a car that dont work!
I have finally got Seat to get me booked in again a week.on Wednesday so I was hoping to get some advice so I'm fully prepared when I take it in. I can't keep getting fobbed off! If the issues aren't resolved I'm going to say I'm handing the car back but because I still have another year on my contract I dont know if thats even an option!
Please help me!!!!! Aimee

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
When did the problems started? After the change of the windscreen or before that?
Did you measure the battery voltage to see if it has energy? After a discharge it will do to the car the things you say, I had a skoda after 1 year I had to change it but before I tray to charge it to put the car working and until I change it the dash lights like abs and others they turn on constantly.

Last edited:

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Having the windscreen changed by Autoglass shouldn't affect the Seat warranty. They're the biggest windscreen company in the country!

Given the battery drain, flashing lights, issues around the auto lights, and that they've already replaced the switch, I'm thinking it's the Body Control Module. This is a computer that controls things like the lights, the wipers, the central locking, etc.

The only issue I can think if is that if the new windscreen wasn't properly sealed, and that water has got into the car's electrics, and damaged the BCM.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
In the UK the FRs come with the light/rain sensor. I think it's been standard fit from the start.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Now you got me worried, I just replaced my windscreen (with Autoglass Gallions Reach) on a non-Seat car, that has the sensors etc...The glass make was Fuyao. So far it's ok... but i've only used the car twice since, once to bring the car back from Autoglass and weekend food shopping...

May 16, 2020
So I'm not very technical! I think the problems started after the windscreen was changed however I'm not 100% about that.
Battery has been checked and it's fine, so its something draining it which then causes it to go flat in 24hrs if not driven.
This has been going on since January and I'm so fed up!! No one seems to have a clue...
One more thing to mention, late last year there was a tracker put on my car (long story and I didnt know about it) could this have caused these sorts of problems? Thanks for your help / suggestions!

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
So I'm not very technical! I think the problems started after the windscreen was changed however I'm not 100% about that.
Battery has been checked and it's fine, so its something draining it which then causes it to go flat in 24hrs if not driven.
This has been going on since January and I'm so fed up!! No one seems to have a clue...
One more thing to mention, late last year there was a tracker put on my car (long story and I didnt know about it) could this have caused these sorts of problems? Thanks for your help / suggestions!
So the problem start after a change of windscreen, did you see if the cables of the rain and light sensor are not cut? See if the wires are well connected to the sensor.

May 16, 2020
More illegal.....
And all the wires have been checked and sensor has been changed on the windscreen

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
With any issues concerning a draining battery, the first thing that needs done is to check all systems for logged faults, then run an overnight test monitoring draining current. Only after that will any proper garage workshop start to isolate sections of the wiring to dig down to find the root cause of this battery draining and so hopefully resolve all of the other issues at the same time.
A workshop would need that car to be in for maybe up to week so that they can check > confirm battery drain > investigate and repair/replace components > confirm that the battery drain has dropped to expected levels > repeat if necessary.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise