Ibiza FR 6J 2017 Head Unit

Mar 21, 2021
Hello,

I have recently bought an Ibiza FR 6J and was wondering how feasible it is to fit a rear view camera that will feed video to the head unit?

I have been looking around on the forum for info but can't find any posts on this issue for this model, does the standard FR head unit contain a video in port anywhere or would I have to upgrade the stereo to achieve this?

Thanks

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Hello,

I have recently bought an Ibiza FR 6J and was wondering how feasible it is to fit a rear view camera that will feed video to the head unit?

I have been looking around on the forum for info but can't find any posts on this issue for this model, does the standard FR head unit contain a video in port anywhere or would I have to upgrade the stereo to achieve this?

Thanks

The back of the unit has a quadlock connector, not a standard video in port as such.
You can get adapters to make most reverse cameras work.

There are also plenty of places that will do a full retrofit kit. Bear in mind that whether you add the original camera or use the adapters, you would need to code the unit with VCDS or similar to recognise it.

Not a small job! But probably worthwhile.

Reactions: shind95