Martha Luke

Sep 1, 2018
Hey, I'm looking at fitting a front splitter and the company I bought it from have suggested the front bumper needs removing to fit the splitter? Does anyone have a general guide on what screws to remove in order to do this on the FR facelift model? I have previously partially removed either side of the bumper in order to change the fog light bulbs so I definitely know which screws need removing from the wheel arch area. Many thanks!

Steve Thompson

Apr 16, 2018
Is it a company called TRC? I fitted mine without removing the front bumper I also have a FR facelift... I bought some strong double sided automotive tape of amazon guided the splitter so it all lines up the tape holds it in place make sure it's all level as the tape is very strong then drill through the pre drilled holes on the splitter then put self tappers in worked for me nice and solid.. oh jack car up makes things abit easier....

Martha Luke

Sep 1, 2018
Is it a company called TRC? I fitted mine without removing the front bumper I also have a FR facelift... I bought some strong double sided automotive tape of amazon guided the splitter so it all lines up the tape holds it in place make sure it's all level as the tape is very strong then drill through the pre drilled holes on the splitter then put self tappers in worked for me nice and solid.. oh jack car up makes things abit easier....
Yes it was TRC! That's good to know then! Have you got a link for this tape at all? And did you use the fitting kit that came with the splitter at all? Thanks for the reply!

Steve Thompson

Apr 16, 2018
Double sided foam tape waterproof mounting tape 25mm wide halfords do sell it but Amazon is a littke cheaper and self tappers I bought an assortment of different sizes so I could pick and choose the size I wanted... Hope that helps mate...

Steve Thompson

Apr 16, 2018
Double sided foam tape waterproof mounting tape 25mm wide halfords do sell it but Amazon is a littke cheaper and self tappers I bought an assortment of different sizes so I could pick and choose the size I wanted... Hope that helps mate...
No I didn't use fitting kit supplied

Martha Luke

Sep 1, 2018
Yes, that's great thank you! I'll have a look this afternoon :clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.