Ibiza FR grill swap

Ichthus

Nov 14, 2021
Hello,

Since one month i am a proud owner of a Ibiza 1.5 TSI FR. With that i am new to this forum so hello to everyone 😊.

Soon i want to swap the grill of my car. With this i mean the outer chrome ring surrounding the honeycomb. I already ordered a new black grill.

Does one of you have any experience with swapping the grill? Is it easy to do or is it very hard. I’m not (yet) handy with tuning cars, but i really want to learn and put in the time.

I would appreciate some tips to help me out! Thank you already 😊

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
I didn't think you could get a black grill? Most people get the grill wrapped or sprayed. Where did you get the black grill?

demonikx

Sep 13, 2018
Seat ibiza reference come without chrome. It's not hard to remove it. you need remove couple bolts and after you need work with plastic tools.
But in your place as NicoleFRSport says it will be better wrap the grill with black vinyl

Ichthus

Nov 14, 2021
I didn't think you could get a black grill? Most people get the grill wrapped or sprayed. Where did you get the black grill?
I bought it online from a webshop. It said that is was for an Ibiza FR 2018 but it wasnt… It prove out to be an grill for an older Leon. Never trust what they say online 😉

Already contacted someone for wrapping the grille.

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Does anyone have a picture of this part? Seems to come in satin black. MY21 FR came with satin black bumper grills. Is this a match?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members