Ibiza FR MK6

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
Hi all.

New member here.

Ordered the 95 PS FR first week of June in Mystery Blue with Full LED's and 18" alloys, was given 16 weeks as an estimated delivery date as Ibiza's are in very short supply atm especially FR's according to the dealer.

Have I made the right choice with going for 95 instead of 115? Am I going to notice 20bhp?

Drove the MK8 Fiesta before ordering and I really didn't like it, sounded like a diesel and from the back it looks horrendous.

What sort of fuel economy are you all getting? 50's?

I am tempted to buy a service pack but there isn't really much of a saving with buying them separately or buying the pack.

Opinions please?

Cheers

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
Hi,
You made a good choice on the LEDs, they do change the look of the car.
I think you should notice a difference between the two engines, difference you can see on paper with torque and 0-60 figures. I test drove the 115 and chose the 95. As I think about it I can only remember that the 115 had a lot more turbo lag than I have on the 95 (maybe this was specific to the car I test driven).
You also have to think if you need 5 or 6 speeds as it can make a difference. I found that the 5 speed gearbox 1st and 2nd speeds are a bit tall and find myself using the clutch a lot to "crawl" at low speeds. I am thinking that maybe the 6 speed is better at this. (to be confirmed from other users).
The final choice depends on you and the uses you have in mind for the car. (you do city, long trips, you frequently have 4 adults and luggage, you like to be first when lights go green... )

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
You managed to test drive an FR? Wow haha, i only got the test drive the 75PS S Model. I will have the free insurance so not traffic lights grand prix for me lol.

I'll mainly use it for going to work and back so motorways 75% of the time. I just the normal lights just looked a bit dull in my opinion.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Personally, when the Mk6 arrived I couldn't believe that SEAT would debase their performance FR badge with a puny 95bhp motor.
I also find the 110 /115 variants of this engine are a retrograde step compared to their 1.2 predecessors due to the paucity of useable torque.

Only the 1.5 deserves the FR badge in my book.
They should call the slow ones "FR-line" as per the Toledo, since they're all show and no go.

Maybe Ford will put out a 100bhp Fiesta RS to compete :)

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
A 95bhp one wont be - lol.

1.0 Fuel economy is already on other threads, but driving like a saint, vicar or nun I just manage 50. Using any of the performance at all drops it towards low 40s (my first tankful got 38 mpg)

These tiny petrol turbo's are not good at real world economy. Something else the 1.5 wins.

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
No it won't be neither will a 115bhp one either and it terms of hot hatches, the 150 Evo will struggle to keep up with most others in the same class. Until the Cupra is released which I am told is the back end of this year, start of next.

I won't be able to use any of the performance as I'll have a black box.

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
I have the FR 115 and really enjoy it. I have not driven any cars similar to the Ibiza I now have so can't really compare responsiveness to similar class cars. I do think that the power in the low RPM ranges is slightly disappointing and there is definitley a lag on the turbo. However when you have been in gear for a second or two, and are around 2500 RPM, from then up to redline it is quite impressive acceleration wise. I rarely "feel" the lack of power in low ranges, and you have to bear in mind you get a lot of bang for your buck with this car and it is only a 1l engine which still packs a punch.

Also I assume you're going with the free insurance which has a black box. I have one and it is actually very reasonable - I have tested 0-60 acceleration several times and still score full marks on the score for that drive so you'll still be able to have fun here and there!

I got the service pack, approx £20 per month, just means you're covered when it comes to servicing. I agree there isn't a huge difference with buying the service pack or not.

If you have any questions about the car just let me know.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The Toledo Service plan for 3 years includes 3 services at a discount rate ( + an aircon service, the first MOT, and year 3 breakdown cover - all free).
Its good value, paying monthly it saves about £100.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...Until the Cupra is released which I am told is the back end of this year, start of next.
SEAT haven't even announced if there is going to be an Ibiza CUPRA yet, let alone when, so whoever told you that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
The Toledo Service plan for 3 years includes 3 services at a discount rate ( + an aircon service, the first MOT, and year 3 breakdown cover - all free).
Its good value, paying monthly it saves about £100.

Got quoted 23.99 for 2 years for the first 2 Services only. I don’t think that’s worth it tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumFR

Jul 9, 2018
I have the FR 115 and really enjoy it. I have not driven any cars similar to the Ibiza I now have so can't really compare responsiveness to similar class cars. I do think that the power in the low RPM ranges is slightly disappointing and there is definitley a lag on the turbo. However when you have been in gear for a second or two, and are around 2500 RPM, from then up to redline it is quite impressive acceleration wise. I rarely "feel" the lack of power in low ranges, and you have to bear in mind you get a lot of bang for your buck with this car and it is only a 1l engine which still packs a punch.

Also I assume you're going with the free insurance which has a black box. I have one and it is actually very reasonable - I have tested 0-60 acceleration several times and still score full marks on the score for that drive so you'll still be able to have fun here and there!

I got the service pack, approx £20 per month, just means you're covered when it comes to servicing. I agree there isn't a huge difference with buying the service pack or not.

If you have any questions about the car just let me know.

I have been told the black box marks quite harshly with regards to speed etc, is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
It was a guy from a Seat Dealer. He was explaining the move to make it a separate brand like Abarth with Fiat. He said the Ateca is first, then the Arona, Leon and then Ibiza. I think I have that right.
He's right about the stand-alone sub-brand, but not the models/order...

First up is Ateca in November, then the new Leon. After that, nothing has officially been announced yet, so he was just guessing.

l4oth

May 13, 2018
I have a 115 bhp FR and it is ok.

I chose that as there was no other choice (with dsg gearbox)

l4oth

May 13, 2018
Suppose it is all relative - my other car has 400 bhp so when driving the fr (or any other car really) the power is at best ok’ish.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Have I made the right choice with going for 95 instead of 115? Am I going to notice 20bhp?
Opinions on here are all well and good, but the only way you are going to know for sure is to drive them both.

Frankly I'm astonished that the retailer you placed your order with only had a 1.0 75 for you to drive. If I were you I'd be making some calls and finding another retailer nearby that has a 1.0 TSI 95 (it won't be hard, most of us have one) rather than driving yourself mad for circa 16 weeks whilst you wait for yours to arrive.

I am tempted to buy a service pack but there isn't really much of a saving with buying them separately or buying the pack.
They aren't much of a saving up front, but they're inflation-proof so you'll save more in the long run, and you can pay for it on 0% over 18 months so don't need to find a lump to pay for each service when it is due. Bit of a no-brainer really.