Ibiza Mk5 1.6 TDi CR Sport - No Turbo

spesh23

Apr 3, 2017
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Admin: If this is should be in 'Ibiza Mk5', please move this thread.

This is my first time posting and I hope that this hasn't been posted before (as I can't find it using the search). I found a similar post but different warning lights are being mentioned to what I am getting.

I recently purchased a '11 plate Ibiza Cr Sport 1.6 TDi and it has been running beautifully until Saturday. As it was nice weather I took the Mrs out for a drive and when we were on our way back to the house the car lost a lot of power going up a hill (not a very big hill). I'm not sure if the car went into limp-mode (as I've never experienced it before) but I noticed the glow plug light was flashing so I pulled over. After restarting the engine I found that pulling off was extremely slow but the light was no longer flashing. My Mrs called her mechanic friend over and he plugged in a diagnostics tool and noted it was a "turbo boost sensor fault" . He cleared the code and I took it for a test drive and found it to still be slow but no light was flashing. After the guy left I took it for another test drive and the glow plug light started flashing again and a solid engine management light came on whilst I was pulling up.

The guy hasn't been back out yet but he was unsure of where the sensor was located.

While testing a few things I noted that in neutral or with the clutch full pressed the rpm didn't go past 2500 but while driving this wasn't the case. The turbo doesn't kick in from what I can tell because the car doesn't have the same kick anymore. I don't know if this is related but when sat idling in neutral the car mildly judders periodically, no change in the rpm though.

Would you guys and gals be able to advise as to where the sensor is located (with image if possible) and any other helpful information.

Regards,

Spesh23

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.